Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
abadfish66  
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:59:46 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

Sorry so many questions, just confused because it works everytime I show a customer how to do it. At anypoint did you try to kill the power to it and try again? Disconnect power for about a minute and try again
danosgood  
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:13:28 AM(UTC)
danosgood

Groups: Registered

Same results. I really appreciate your help. At this point what I'm considering is removing the pump (without removing the resevoir) so that I can use a stiff wire to clean the nipple at the end of the bottle. After replacing the pump I'll put a cup, or so, of warm water in the resevoir and let it run a normal cycle. Maybe that'll get it going.
abadfish66  
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:20:42 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

That's an option. If you can't get it unclogged, you can buy just the collar and seals if you need to remove the bottle, but you will need a strap wrench to remove the collar.
danosgood  
#14 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:11:15 PM(UTC)
danosgood

Well, I removed the pump and it was plugged into the tube on the pump. Since I already had a new one I replaced it anyway. I ran a stiff wire up from the bottom of the detergent bottle and it appears that all is working now. I also did some web browsing on the GE Knowledge base. I found the purge instructions. There was a minor, but important difference. In step 3 it said to press "Added Heat" and "Cookware" together. In the instructions you sent it said "Added Heat" and "Normal". It is running a purge now.

Again, thanks for your help.
abadfish66  
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:16:01 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

I copied and pasted those instructions to you, great work on finding that subtle but important difference. I will pass that along to the team in charge of that stuff.
abadfish66  
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:24:20 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

I also edited the instructions in the post to include the PDW8600 series dishwashers.
Pie R Squared  
#17 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2011 5:28:55 AM(UTC)
Pie R Squared

My dishwasher was the GE Cafe CDW9380N20SS. If you disconnect the positive displacement pump, it is held with two screws you can drain out the liquid or gel. The tank outlet is very small, I used a coat hanger to help the gel along and then flushed with very hot water, you need some sort of container to catch the gel. I had a stainless container that fit perfectly under the tank outlet. To flush the inside of the tank I reattached the pump at the tank outlet and swung the door back and forth, you will have to disconnect power and ribbon cable to swing the door back and forth. I did this several times until no crap came out. The whole process took about 3-4 hours. If you don't want to spend the time then just buy the dispenser tank kit, this was a pain in the a@@.
lalien  
#18 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2012 7:53:54 PM(UTC)
lalien

I am having a problem with the smartdispense on my GE dishwasher as well. The model # is GHDF360R10SS. I want to run a purge but I don't have the buttons on the control panel that these instructions refer to. I don't have an up or down arrow, a cookware button, or an AUTO button. the buttons I have are: Rinse Only, Light Wash, Normal Wash, Sani Wash, Start/Reset, Delay hours, Heated Dry, Added Heat, Steam.
Does anyone know how to run a purge with this particular model?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply