Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dgk1173  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:10:28 AM(UTC)
dgk1173

Groups: Registered

The dishwasher runs though it's cycles but it does not wash dishes and the soap is not used. It appears as though the water is drained out of the washer before the wash or rinse cycles can swirl the water in the washer. I say this by listening to the washer. Makes noise during the cycles but no noise of swirling water. There is water draining from the washer at various points in the cycle so water is going into the washer. Appears it is not being used or drained prematurely. Thanks for any help

Krish
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abadfish66  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:14:12 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

It may not be getting enough water to begin with, start a cycle and when the water stops filling, open the door and check water level. Also where does the drain line connect to, an airgap at the sink, or through the garbage disposer
dgk1173  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:45:26 AM(UTC)
dgk1173

Thanks for the prompt response.
The drain goes to the airgap and then to the garbage disposal. I can stop the drain at the garbage disposal and the water comes out of the Airgap, so I presume that works. I have openeed the washer door at various points in the cycle and find some water but not very much at the bottom some times I find none. However when it drains there is a lot of water draining (I think). Thanks for the help.
abadfish66  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:48:50 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Ok, but do as I said before, start a cycle and as soon as the water stops filling, open the door and check water level, need to make sure it starts with enough water.
dgk1173  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:19:28 AM(UTC)
dgk1173

I did what you said. There is no water. The draining seems to coincide with the water fill leaving no water in the washer. I cannot identify the water fill cycle, only the water drain cycle, due to the noise of the drain cycle. In addition there is small water leak on to the solenoid each time it is activated and then the leak stops. The bottom of the solenoid is rusty and there is calcium deposit on the floor so it must have been leaking and drying for a while. Thanks for the help
abadfish66  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:28:23 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

I'm trying to understand, your saying that as it is filling the solenoid is in the down position and draining. Does the solenoid move up and down each time it hits the drain cycle. If the solenoid is leaking you will need a new motor assembly to fix that.
dgk1173  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:37:46 AM(UTC)
dgk1173

The solenoid makes a small movement down and immediately back up every time I open the door. Each time it makes this move down and back up there is a small amount of water that trickles down on to the solenoid and then the trickle stops. It also begins to drain at this time. This same movement of the solenoid happens when I first start the washer. Thanks for the help.
abadfish66  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:43:58 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

ok, now on the front control of the dishwasher, what does the second button from the left feel like, push it, I think this is the heated dry on / off button, it should feel good, or is there some resistance or alot of slop in the switch, or is it stuck and wont move.
dgk1173  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:50:40 AM(UTC)
dgk1173

The heated dry on/off buttons work fine. When the On button is pushed the Off button pops out and vice versa. They feel good. No slop, not stuck and there is no abnormal ressistance.
abadfish66  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:00:38 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Disconnect the drain solenoid and star a cycle, see if it will fill with water
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply