Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sebaz  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 9:18:35 AM(UTC)
sebaz

Groups: Registered

Until a few days ago this dishwasher was working fine. But then it started to make the breaker in the panel trip, so we took out the front panel and a friend that knows better about appliances came with a tester and told us that most likely a high limit thermostat (Part Number AP2802224) was the problem, that it was causing a short, so I took it out and we ordered that part. When it arrived, I thought about testing the original part again just in case, and this time it wasn't tripping the breaker .

The problem we have now, and I don't know what could be causing it, is that it doesn't turn off automatically at the end of the cycle. After heat drying, it's supposed to stay off, and now it just starts another cycle all over again. It will loop forever unless we press the off button.

Common sense would tell me that the problem is the timer, but
what makes me doubt is that this wasn't happening at all until we took out the front panel and we disconnected some cables (which then we put back in the proper places). I don't think we missed any parts.

Now, it occurs to me that maybe the high limit thermostat that was tripping the breaker, even though it's not tripping it now, is still malfunctioning and maybe causing the timer not to stop, but this could be a totally ignorant idea since I don't know anything about this.

Does anybody have any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.