Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PAN1234567  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:50:53 AM(UTC)
PAN1234567

Groups: Registered

I have replaced the heating element on my dishwasher but now I must replace the controller. I assume that the controller is in the door, but I do not know how to access it. There are about 12 star shaped screws but before I go out and try to track down a screw driver for such things I wanted to verify that it was necessary.

Also, the controller has a note in it that says "Sensitive-Handling precautions required". What do I need to do to make sure that I don't zap the controller with static?

Thank you,
Andy
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 11:32:29 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Some models have a console that is attached with just the top four screws. (They're Torx size T-20). In order to safely replace the control board, [COLOR="Red"]unplug the machine, or turn it off at the breaker[/COLOR]. Make sure you ground yourself by touching any metal on the machine. If it's possible, remain in some kind of contact with the machine. Only handle the board by its edges. If you have a grounding strap, just wear it throughout the procedure.
PAN1234567  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2010 10:21:56 AM(UTC)
PAN1234567

Groups: Registered

Magician, thank you for the thorough answer. Your solution was spot on. I only had to remove the 6 screws (although in this case they were Torx size T-15) on the top and your grounding technic seemed to work. I just ran our first load of dishes in about two months and it was a big relief (and I am sure that I saved over $100 working through it myself).
magician59  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2010 10:53:46 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Well done! You just saved yourself a ton of money in labor for a service call by a pro.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply