Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
salo  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2008 8:24:48 PM(UTC)
salo

Groups: Registered

The dishwasher this morning stopped working, it goes through all the cycles just fine but it does not fill up with any water at all. Ran it from start to finish by adding water to it with some cups to ensure it functioned that way just fine. Not sure what part I would need to replace on it so it fills up with water again, worked perfectly the night before but the morning it didn't.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mscmouse  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 3:26:22 PM(UTC)
mscmouse

I have the same problem. Twice now I have replaced the water intake valve, and it will work for one cycle, then no water. Any help is appreciated! The float switch tests ok... can it be anything else? Am I just getting defective valves?
rattrapp  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 8:09:24 PM(UTC)
rattrapp

Best to get a multimeter and check if you're getting power (120V) to the valve when it's supposed to be filling. If you're not it's either the float, (check voltage across the switch 120V means it's open or the float is up) the wiring to the valve or the timer. With most of the frigidaires you can clean or sand the bad contacts on the timers.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply