Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CheriB  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2008 6:53:22 PM(UTC)
CheriB

Groups: Registered

Just moved into a house with this dishwasher. The soap cup door was missing. Got new replacement kit. I can't figure how to orient the spring. Any info appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

pdoeds  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 6:59:18 PM(UTC)
pdoeds

It seems like there's no place to attach the spring ends, but there is.....

The square tab of the spring rests against in the groove in the dishwasher cup. The 2 ends of the spring (left and right) then tuck 'back' into the soap cup door. With the dishwasher door open (parallel to the floor), the 2 ends of the spring point straight down (perpendicular) to the floor, and the square tab of the spring is parallel to the floor. You have to tuck the 2 spring ends into the soap cup door one at a time so the spring will coil when you close the door an uncoil when the door is open.

In order to tuck the 2 spring ends into the soap cup door, you have to gently pry up one end of the soap cup door, and use a small screwdriver to push one spring end into the soap cup door. Then, push the first end of the soap cup door back, and repeat on the other side.

I attached 2 pictures that should help. It shows the final position of the spring.
pdoeds attached the following image(s):
P1040266_1.jpg
P1040267.jpg
showdad55  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 8:00:51 AM(UTC)
showdad55

Thanks for the info and pictures I now can wash my dishes in the dishwasher again. You guys are terrif
toddroy1  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2011 11:35:55 AM(UTC)
toddroy1

I have been dealing with this issue for WAY too long. Thank you so much for your post and the reply that was sent, Great pictures!!:D
smoochygoochy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:22:56 PM(UTC)
smoochygoochy

I've been dealing with this for quite some time also. I purchased replacement parts seperately and didn't realize I could have saved money if I had bought the whole kit. It's less than 1/2 the price of the seperate parts! Oh, well, live & learn. Once I got the parts, I couldn't figure out how to put the spring on correctly. And there's NO WHERE on the web to find out. Thankfully I found your post!!! I hope I can do it ... :)
smoochygoochy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:43:33 PM(UTC)
smoochygoochy

Yay!! It worked. I had fixed it once before myself, but the door attachment was weak where it attached to the pin dowel, so the spring came out again. I couldn't remember how I did it the 1st time and needed the new door anyway. Your post (with pictures) surely has helped many people.
mhlpsy  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 11:05:24 AM(UTC)
mhlpsy

Solved my problem. Thank You!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply