Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
spent enough already  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2010 6:51:34 AM(UTC)
spent enough already

Groups: Registered

I have spent $650 on repairs on this $700 dishwasher in the past 3 years(leaking, door springs, latch replacement ) so I am going to attempt to repair the accumulator assembly on my own. I took off the propellar arm and could see that there is a hole in one of the screens and a bunch of gunk is in there. Can't figure out how to get the assembly apart. I have loosened the screws and tried to turn the assembly while pushing down on the latch on the water line, but don't want to break it. I am attempting to get it apart (and make sure I can do it) before I order the part, #8193918. Also, is there any way to replace just one of the screens? Repair company quoted me $250!!Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2010 10:26:51 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Pull the upper rack partially forward and detach the water delivery system from the tub anchor points (2 clips on stainless models; 2 screws on plastic models). Removal of the upper rack may ease removal of the water delivery system, but is not necessary.

At rear of the pump, grasp the water delivery system and rotate clockwise while lifting upward. When rotation stops, lift the lower spray arm until it is clear of the pump and pull forward. The spray arm assembly and water delivery system should now be free for removal.

Remove the four screws on top of the accumulator assembly. Lift the accumulator assembly off of the pump.

You can not replace just one of the screens because Whirlpool does not sell them separately.

spent enough already  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2010 7:33:37 AM(UTC)
spent enough already

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Pull the upper rack partially forward and detach the water delivery system from the tub anchor points (2 clips on stainless models; 2 screws on plastic models). Removal of the upper rack may ease removal of the water delivery system, but is not necessary.

At rear of the pump, grasp the water delivery system and rotate clockwise while lifting upward. When rotation stops, lift the lower spray arm until it is clear of the pump and pull forward. The spray arm assembly and water delivery system should now be free for removal.

Remove the four screws on top of the accumulator assembly. Lift the accumulator assembly off of the pump.

You can not replace just one of the screens because Whirlpool does not sell them separately.

Thanks--it is apart and I see the problem. Inches of white crusty gunk that looks like hardwater deposits but is too soft. All through the screen (it actually made the hole) and under the accumulator. How do I 1)clean this out and 2)avoid this in the future?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:59:22 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: spent enough already Go to Quoted Post
Thanks--it is apart and I see the problem. Inches of white crusty gunk that looks like hardwater deposits but is too soft. All through the screen (it actually made the hole) and under the accumulator. How do I 1)clean this out and 2)avoid this in the future?

Sorry for the delay. You can find some useful information in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...g-element.html#post37989

Gene.
spent enough already  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2010 9:42:27 AM(UTC)
spent enough already

Thanks-- a little tricky but I did it...oh so helpful-I use electrasol so I think the calcium is due to our extremely hard water. I will treat with vinegar more frequently.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2010 4:22:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. Good luck with your dishwasher.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply