Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chip'n Alvin  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2010 2:52:53 PM(UTC)
Chip'n Alvin

Groups: Registered

Our dishwasher has a burning out thermal fuse problem. I changed the thermal fuse twice but it shut off the unit every time cycle changed to the hi-temp washing cycle. I assume the thermal fuse is preventing over heating unit by heating. However it is unclear why it started this problem after 2 years from installation. I have read some similar postings in this forum regarding thermal fuse problems and followed the instructions of changing the thermal fuse. I also used the new set of wire harness that came with the new thermal fuse. At this time I also changed the thermostat that is located at the bottom of the tub. It still does the problem. I don't have any other clue to fix this dishwasher. Do you have any idea why this happen and any suggestions to check and fix this unit?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Chip'n Alvin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:32:27 AM(UTC)
Chip'n Alvin

Well, so far it has been working again after replace the thermal fuse and place it at out side of control panel (for not to get over heated). It's not really fixed the problem yet. The dishwasher is still over heating even replaced the thermostat. I don't know how to fix the over heating problem. I will look into faulty circuit in control panel next.
andykoppal  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2011 3:47:36 PM(UTC)
andykoppal

Chip'n Alvin,
Did you find a solution to fuse problem. I have similar problem with my diswasher. Please let me know if any magic solution worked for you. So far, I have replaced the fuse 3 times.

Thanks
Andy
Chip'n Alvin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2011 11:17:37 PM(UTC)
Chip'n Alvin

Hi Andy,
Well our dishwasher was working fine after replace the fuse and place it outside of control panel (in front). Just it looks not so good after all...we could see the fuse in front.
We used the dishwasher no problem another two months and we bought new one to replace it because the fuse looks bad in front and possible fire concerning by over heating unit.
If you can figure out cooling the fuse, it probably works okay, but it still has over heating problem.
I kind wonder about Hi-temp function may cause this problem. I had a question about it to Whirlpool Tech Support, she thinks this is rare problem...and there is no solution to fix... I think it caused by defective control chip on circuit board.
If you still have warranty, it's better trade with a new one. It potential fire hazard.
Wish you can find real solution and fix your dishwasher.
take care
Mike
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply