Discuss

Maytag dishwasher WU1000

in

Dishwasher Repair

. "

I have a Maytag undercounter dishwasher WU1000. When I selected Energy Save Cycle it started to work, then after about

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dishwasher Repair » Maytag dishwasher WU1000

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 09:00 AM

ptcicca is on a distinguished road
Default Maytag dishwasher WU1000
Brand: Maytag   Age: More than 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a Maytag undercounter dishwasher WU1000. When I selected Energy Save Cycle it started to work, then after about 3 minutes the touchpad leds and the number 88 started flashing continuously until I turned off the breaker.

I was able to get it to run in Normal Cycle but it went into the same flashing pattern after finishing a proper wash and rinse cycly (72 minutes).

Do I need to replace the touchpad electronics or something else?

thanks for any input. It works perfectly in all other regards, so I don't want to replace it.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Sounds like the problem is a bad control board. Unfortunately this part has been discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available (like many other parts for this model). Looks like it's a time for a new dishwasher.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for MAYTAG WU1000 Dishwasher - Undercounter | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 03-27-2010, 01:50 PM

Default Some help but new problem

I took someone's advice from this forum and cleaned the ribbon connectors going to my control unit. The dishwasher worked perfectly in Saver Mode until it got to the very end - it failed to pump out the water.

When I pressed the "dr" drain button, I can hear the relay click but nothing happens. I turned off the breaker overnight and it drained properly.

Could it be something besides the control unit? I really don't want to spend $180 on a 1988 dishwasher when I can get a new one for $200 after the new rebate.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcicca View Post
...The dishwasher worked perfectly in Saver Mode until it got to the very end - it failed to pump out the water.

When I pressed the "dr" drain button, I can hear the relay click but nothing happens...
Remove the toe panel at this time and check how hot is the motor on touch. Check how freely the pump and motor pulleys are moving in both directions.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 03-28-2010, 07:07 AM

Default Will do as suggested but I have new data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Remove the toe panel at this time and check how hot is the motor on touch. Check how freely the pump and motor pulleys are moving in both directions.

Gene.
Gene - Thanks for the tip. I'll try that. More info - the dishwasher will run OK as I said, pumping out the water after the wash cycle, but not after the rinse cycle. Once it finishes running, the drain "dr" function does nothing. BUT, if I let it sit for a few hours the drain function then works fine when activated manually from the touchpad.

If it is not a belt problem causing overheating, could it be an electronic component that is simply malfunctioning above a certain temperature caused by the hot water and/or the dryer element?

IF that is the case, will an ohm meter tell me anything?
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.