Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mcecil  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 8:57:30 AM(UTC)
mcecil

Groups: Registered

I have replaced the fuse kit (part number 8193762) on my dishwasher 4 times over the past year. Everytime I replace it the dishwasher runs fine for about a month or two. Some fuses last about a month some last for as long as 3 months. I have checked the resistance on all motor windings and coils and they fall withing specs on the schematic. Any ideas on why these fuses keep failing? I run the dishwasher about every other day. If I had a motor or coil failure I imagine the fuse would fail immediately, that is not the case here. I can run several cycles with no problems. It just seems to happen after about a month or two. Any ideas?:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

rallenm  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2008 4:31:00 AM(UTC)
rallenm

This actually prevents the overheating of the water. May want to check the heating element.
mcecil  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:26:22 AM(UTC)
mcecil

Heating element seems to working fine. Do you believe it could be the thermostat?
rallenm  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2008 2:33:08 PM(UTC)
rallenm

I'm sorry I was thinking of something else. This is a thermal overload and its to prevent overheating of board. Either something is pulling too many amps (motor, water soloniod, or element) I replaced one today in a kenmore and everything was working fine.

Check the amps as it goes through the cycles and see if anything brings them up. Water filling would be water inlet solonid is energized. Wash cycle the wash motor. When draining the drain motor. Drying the heating elements.

Check the specs in the documentation to see how many amps each device is rated for and use them for reference. If the amps go over those then you can narrow it down.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply