Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jim34  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:51:36 AM(UTC)
jim34

Groups: Registered

Water did not shut off and overflowed. Washer timer will run but nothing happens. Water inlet seems to have shut off. I have read other posts that seem to indicate a reset button. Does this model have such and where? Any info welcome.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2010 12:35:46 PM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Check the float switch for proper operation. When the float depresses the lever on the sswitdh, it should be closed. As the float rises, the switch should open. Also check that the float is not jammed or stuck.
jim34  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 9, 2010 12:54:37 PM(UTC)
jim34

I checked the water level sw and it seems to move very freely [now]. I drained most of the water from the tub and cycled the dial slowly through a complete cycle three times and nothing happens. I can hear the cycle dial motor running when it's off the 'stop' position.

The washer started through its' cycle and apparently opened the soap dispenser door and then flooded.

Does anyone know how I can access a wiring diagram of the cycle control and info on how to access the control to measure voltages that should be going to the solenoids for the pumps? or any suggestions on proper troubleshooting protocol to determine where the failure might exist?

Thanks to all for any suggestions.
magician59  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2010 12:31:42 PM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

jim34  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2010 8:37:01 PM(UTC)
jim34

Thank you, thank you... That did the trick... I was able to ascertain that the motor relay is open for I get infinity reading from pin 28 [L1 input] to neutral white. I get abt 7ohm from pin 28 to either GY or Rd which indicates to me that the motor winding is good. I will pull the dishwasher tomorrow to verify my findings today and if I'm correct in my troubleshooting analysis I'll be ordering a relay tomorrow..
Thank you again for all of your help..

This explains the failure to get pump action but I'm still a little concerned why the over flow ? for the pump failure should not have caused an overflow. The only thing I can assume at this point is that the water level sw was stuck and did not shut off at the proper time. The water level circuit is independent of the pump motor so I'm still somewhat befuddled with that.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply