Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
voxhumana  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:14:52 PM(UTC)
voxhumana

Groups: Registered

Hi folks

This dishwasher has had a couple of problems - just finished replacing intake valve (water running on intermittently) but was noticing an additional problem where dishwasher will fill - waits a few seconds - but clicks into drain cycle without washing - this usually starts happening in the rinse cycle but is now occuring in the wash cycle as well. I've checked the drain solenoid and the plunger is moving as it should but just too soon. Could I also have a drain solenoid problem? Timer problem? If it's a timer it's off to the dump!

Thanks for any help !
Maytag Performa PDB2430
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

voxhumana  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2010 3:15:56 AM(UTC)
voxhumana

in case anyone as any ideas with these symptoms:

Starting at the Normal Cycle it got through all pre-washes: fill,wash, drain, fill, wash, drain, fill, wash, drain. When it entered the main wash : fill, detergent cup snap, continued to fill, then drain, and lots of noise after it drained like it wanted to wash... I managed to flip the timer around to find a spot where it would continue to wash after a couple of tries about mid-way through main wash cycle - and then it continued to the end just fine even through all the rinse cycles where the fill/drain non rinse problem started to happen.

Question - could it at all possible be the relay starting module at the bottom right front of the dishwasher? I noticed a spark flash out of there when the pump to drain engaged before the wash cycle had a chance to start...

Thanks again for any help!
voxhumana  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2010 5:43:02 AM(UTC)
voxhumana

OK - here's the latest on my fill then drain without washing/rinsing problem...

Starting from Normal Cycle - I got all the way through pre-wash AND all the way to the end of the main wash cycle but the problem arose again at the beginning of the rinse cycle - filled - long pause (next time I will have a stopwatch!) of about 30 seconds - and then started to drain without rinsing. As I just wanted to get the bloody dishes rinsed I immediately opened the door so it didn't drain, had to spin the timer a few times before the rinse/wash finally kicked in. I wish I had a continuity tester and I could test something! At least the thing isn't flooding anymore since I've replaced the intake valve...sort of beginning to sound like a timer?

I was so focused on the flooding problem that I may not have been aware that there was a "fill/drain no rinse" problem. If I do leave it go - it will continue to hum and heat up through the rinse cycle without water - probably what ended up burning up the intake valve? No wonder the dishes were coming out foggy!

Any similar experiences out there?
voxhumana  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 5:20:35 AM(UTC)
voxhumana

the saga continues...
I'm still able to get through the entire wash cycle without the problem occurring until the rinse cycle. So I decided to let it rest in between cycles not touching timer at all - maybe 15 minutes. Eh voila - one rinse cycle continued successfully - but problem was back on the final rinse cycle ie filled then drained. So experimenting I immediately opened the door to stop draining and quickly shut again and lo and behold the rinse went into it's rinse mode just fine. I'm beginning to think something must be overheating - so my next step is to clean all contacts between components and see what happens. Still thinking maybe the relay motor is causing the trouble...?
voxhumana  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 11:59:11 AM(UTC)
voxhumana

OK - Ran the rinse cycles while the dishwasher was cold - eureka - everything works as it's supposed to. The only glitch was when I opened the door to throw some vinegar in (might as well clean the thing while I'm experimenting) and closed the door to restart it went into drain mode before it should have - a couple of quick opening/closings set it back into rinse mode again. So I'm convinced (for now) that it's the relay motor and have got it on order. I will post results when I get it installed. Otherwise the dishwasher works great! :D
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply