Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jay hlavaty  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2008 1:39:31 PM(UTC)
jay hlavaty

Groups: Registered

This dishwasher is essentially new. After only a few washing cycles it became unuseable due to the fact that the cancel button will not allow the unit to be reset. The accusense button flashes continuously and when I push the cancel button, the "normal" cycle button flashes. None of the other buttons work, including the "start" button and on the "time remaining" window there are two horizontal dashes showing. Also, the flashing accusense button does not turn off when door is open. I have tried holding buttons down for more than 10 seconds with no results. I have also unplugged the unit from the wall and let it sit without power for more than an hours, again with no results. Any other suggestions as to what may be causing this problem and how I may fix it?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2008 1:02:13 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Jay,

Looks like there is a problem with an electronic parts which are still under the manufacturer warranty due to the dishwasher is less than a year old.

Do not attempt any repair yourself and call Whirlpool for service.

Gene.
jay hlavaty  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2008 8:06:34 AM(UTC)
jay hlavaty

Gene,
Thanks for the suggestion but I cannot just call a service tech to come out and troubleshoot this problem. The reason for this is that this machine is in Costa Rica where very little help is available. We had a service tech that was supposed to represent Whirlpool come out and he replaced the electronic circuit board. The washer worked for about 3 cycles before the exact same problem returned. So I dont think replacing the circuit board will fix this problem or is a third time a charm? Something must be causing the circuit board to go into this mode of nonfunction. I am afraid that I will either have to solve the problem myself with help through techs in the states or just junk the relatively new dishwasher. By the way, this washer was almost $800 down here so junking will be painfull.
Jay Hlavaty
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2008 2:24:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Jay,

Most likely the problem is a stuck pad on the key panel. In order to fix it the whole console has to be replaced. In order to provide the right part number I need the color of the console. I'm wandering how you are going to buy the part because Appliance Parts Pros does not ship outside USA.

Gene.
jay hlavaty  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2008 3:07:50 PM(UTC)
jay hlavaty

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the quick response. In regards to getting the part down here, I can order it from AppliancePartsPro and have it shipped to my other home in the US (CA) and then have either friends or myself (I plan on returning to the US in July) bring it on down. I did a quick hands-on check with the panel buttons and all seemed to function properly with a defined on-off clicking feeling. Not one was any different than the other. However, could it be that the seemingly proper function of the buttons does not necessarily mean that they are doing so? The panel is white in color so I will assume that this is an easy part to procure due to its color. Also, can I myself replace such panel without using a chainsaw? It appears to be glued in place but I will research this further as I dig more into it. Here is just a thought from a past experience on another appliance (clothes washer) that kept the electronic board from functioning properly. Is there some type of thermal (temp) sensor that is malfunctioning to inhibit the proper function of the buttons (electronic board)? As you can see I am "winging it" here so I must respect your knowledge on the matter. Sincerely, Jay Hlavaty
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2008 6:39:39 PM(UTC)
Gene

Jay,

As long as all of the buttons are working properly you do not have to do anything. If you see any light is flashing and the buttons are not responding - it's time for a new console. This part is not too difficult to replace yourself without using a chainsaw - just remove all screws around.

- The part number for the console is AP3774266

Gene.
jay hlavaty  
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2008 9:50:54 AM(UTC)
jay hlavaty

Hi Gene,

Thanks again so much for such a quick reponse. I will proceed on towards purchasing a new front panel. I have taken it all apart already and as you iterated, no need for a chainsaw. Thanks also for your patience and expertise in this resolve. Sincerely, Jay Hlavaty
Gene  
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2008 2:26:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

Keep us posted.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply