Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
karenslawrence  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2007 3:41:55 AM(UTC)
karenslawrence

Groups: Registered

I moved into this house 2 years ago and have NO idea how old the dishwasher really is. Works well but lately I notice water leaking out around the right bottom corner. The seal looks okay, but the rubber gasket in the corner between the door and the tub seems rotted. Can I get a replacement part? What is the part called?

I am very frugal. If I manage to find a replacement part, should I pay $5/mo for repair contract on the dishwasher (as I do selected other large applicances) or is it time to replace this baby? It does seem to run for a long time. Thanks for your guidance. Karen
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Admin / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:13:53 PM(UTC)
Admin / APP Team

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The leak could be caused by a problem with the rinse dispenser or by a worn out corner seal. If the seal looks bad, dried out, etc., replace the seal. Otherwise, you'll need to take the door apart and see what's going on there.

- Right side corner seal
- Breakdown diagrams for Model DU430-20

Just so you know, this Jenn Air dishwasher was made by GE. A basic GE dishwasher with Hotpoint brand on the front will usually cost about $180-$200. But, if you do decide to get a new dishwasher, I strongly recommend going with a different brand like Whirlpool or KitchenAid - it's more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

I can't really advise on a repair contract. No idea what the details of it are.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply