Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EPS001  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2008 5:11:36 PM(UTC)
EPS001

Groups: Registered

Our Whirlpool Quiet Partner II does not run. The model number is DU1145XTPQ6. I put the age as 1-5 years, but I'm not certain about that because it was purchased by a former owner of our house. The symptoms are the same as described in a posting from jimc lmc (03-04-2008, "Whirlpool Quiet Partner III will not run.") That is, the "clean" LED flashes slowly and pauses, then flashes 7 times and pauses, etc. I would like to try the suggestions offered by bambiblaster (03-04-2008) , but I checked behind the toe panel and could not find the tech sheet with all of the test procedures, and I couldn't quite follow the description of the procedure in the posting. Is there a place where I can get a copy of the procedures used to test/troubleshoot this model.

I appreciate any help/advice that you can provide
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2008 12:56:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Here are the tech sheets for your dishwasher. Try to reset the error code as described there. If it would not help then you have to check for continuity the heating element and the hi-limit thermostat.

Gene.
dwclli  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:36:51 AM(UTC)
dwclli

My Quiet Partner II turned 2 years old last September. Only use it maybe once a week, if that. In September I had the clean light blinking 7x problem. Since I wasn't about to spend a bunch of money on itand don't mind washing dishes, it has continued till I read the following information from 2 other posts on this site and tried it:

Try pressing normal wash -heat dry-normal wash-heatdry- normal wash-heat dry- norma wash - heat dry. all the lights should come on. then after a little bit. keep pressing start till disher washer gets back to normal shut down.

what happen your water was to cold going into the disherwasher one time taking to long to warm up. the dishwaher went into a fault mode. the light blinks 7 times because there was a fault with your heater circuit. this should take care of it.

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage

THEN I tried it and PRESTO, this suggestion from a senior APP, and another individual, was just what was needed!! My dishwasher is running!!!! sounds like "music" after all these months of SILENCE, and 7 blinks after another, after another, after another!!!!! THANK YOU for your posts and for whoever is responsible for this site. Hope you can get yours running as well. Mine is a DU1100XTPTA The two paragraphs above were written to someone who had a completely different Whirlpool model altogether!

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Teg  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2010 1:56:07 PM(UTC)
Teg

Hi...I have the same model Quiet Partner II and am getting the constant flashing light on the cancel button. I tried the normal--heated-dry x4 combo and it doesn't work. I also tried the sani--heated combo with the same affect...nothing. It was working fine before then all of a sudden this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gene  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2010 6:10:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Teg Go to Quoted Post
...the constant flashing light on the cancel button...

This error code indicates very different problem which is a shorted pad on the control panel. The correction is to replace the control panel. If you need the correct part number, post the complete model number of the dishwasher and color of the control panel.

Gene.
Teg  
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2010 6:30:52 PM(UTC)
Teg

Thanks for that info...sort of. Is there a way to get the model # short of pulling the machine out? And do you know a ballpark $$$ for a control panel?
Gene  
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2010 6:34:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Teg Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for that info...sort of. Is there a way to get the model # short of pulling the machine out? And do you know a ballpark $$$ for a control panel?

The model number is on the door frame and you will see it right after you open the door. Price can be from bellow $100 and up to over $200.

Gene.
sherh933  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 5:03:13 PM(UTC)
sherh933

My dishwasher is approx. 3yrs. old and for at least the past 6mos. I'm having a problem with the control panel lights blinking. I just tried the 4x sequence and when I press the Normal button, the Pots/Pans button starts flashing? I tried both the Start and Cancel button and nothing happens. It will now take at least an hour or longer for the buttons to stop flashing. We've shut down power completely to try to reset it but other than that we just have to wait for the blinking to stop. Sometimes it'll take a week before we can use it again. Is this fixable or is it going to cost more than it's worth?
Gene  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 25, 2011 7:09:44 PM(UTC)
Gene

Which lights are blinking more?

What is the complete model number and the color of the dishwasher?

Gene.
shespelt  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 4:08:29 AM(UTC)
shespelt

I too have a Quiet Partner II (model# DU1100XTPBA) that has a rapidly blinking Cancel light while at the same time the Normal & Light cycle lights are rapidly alternating. Nothing has any effect on the cycling.
Without the tech sheet, I have to assume these patterns imply some specific diagnostic indication. I'm hoping another forum member might be able to offer some suggestions or maybe even a link to the model's tech sheet?
Many thanks for any feedback,
-Steve
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply