Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#11 Posted : Friday, May 9, 2008 2:46:44 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Joe,

Remove the filter frame (#543 on the break down diagram) and unscrew the piston & nut assembly (#564 on the break down diagram). Looking at the part picture, compare condition of the cone center piece and replace the piston & nut assembly if necessary.

- The part number for the piston & nut assembly is AP2617344

Gene.
stevie baa  
#12 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 6:48:19 AM(UTC)
stevie baa

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

i'm visiting my sister and she has the same line of dishwasher.

same issue of not draining on the final cycle. they tell me they took apart and inspected all the external and internal plumbing for cloggs and found nothing.

the cycle does drain at points of the cycle where it exchanges some of the water in the tub. as stated in the last post we can drain it by starting a new cycle and pressing reset.

i believe the problem is in the controller. since all the mechanicals seem to be working.

does anyone know how the do a hard reset on the controller board? some type of combination key press, if possible?

thanks for your help,

steve baader
KennBur  
#13 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 3:54:37 PM(UTC)
KennBur

Groups: Registered

Steve,

You might want to take a look at the several other threads with the same general subject - GE dishwasher won't empty.

Seems the problem can be due to about five different things -- mostly mechanical.

Reference this breakdown diagram and parts list for general info:

Model GSD4030Z07WW

The causes include the air gap gizmo (rarely found since 1995), the drain hose clogged up, the Piston assembly for check valve and its nut Piston & nut, Body valve & check assembly and, finally, the pump and motor assembly. If you've replaced all that stuff, you need a new machine and.or a certified GE repair person.

Good luck!

Kenn

P.S. I've been messing with my machine for some 5 weeks, off and on, and it still doesn't drain! My wife is about to buy a Whirlpool DU1055XTS[Q] Whirlpool DU1055XTS(Q) | ConsumerSearch.com to replace the GE.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply