Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lgraf  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2008 7:42:47 PM(UTC)
lgraf

Groups: Registered

I wasn't getting heat and the timer would stop in the 6 o clock position. I replaced the timer and the thermister. I now have heat but the timer still stops at the 6 o clock position. The only thing I can now think of is replacing the temp pushbuttons. Anyone else ever had this problem?:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2008 5:17:38 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi lgraf,

I would recommend to use the troubleshooting instructions posted by Harold.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Bosch dishwasher Model SHU3036 UC/12 (FD 8003-)

Gene.
sranta  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2009 8:14:35 PM(UTC)
sranta

I had the exact same problem...it's not the timer or the float switch (at least not on my dishwasher)...it's probably that the thermal grease that makes contact between the interior tub metal and the thermal switch (inside the front door) has dried out. To confirm, remove the front cover of the door, locate the spring that holds down the thermal switch, remove it, and unplug the wires to the switch.
From there, use the continuity function on a multimeter and hold the probes on the switch, the meter should not show switch continuity. Now, while you are still testing for continuity of the switch, hold a lighter flame near the metal side of the switch...it should make a slight noise and then switch with continuity confirmed by the meter...that will tell you the switch is working as it should.
Now, clean all of the white dried out thermal grease off of the metal surface of the switch and where it makes contact with the tub. Buy some thermal grease or use anti-seize compound and apply a dime's worth to the surface where the switch will contact the tub. Reinstall the switch and wire the connections back to the terminals (doesn't matter which is which.) Run the washer through the cycle and when the timer reaches the 6 o'clock position, the washer will run for a while until the internal tub temperature reaches about 50-55 °C...then the timer will start advancing again...
Problem fixed...and I didn't even have to replace the switch...it was the thermal grease that dried out (air is a poor thermal conductor!) and the switch could no longer sense the tub temperature properly!!!
McGiver  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 12:20:49 AM(UTC)
McGiver

Some timers don't have a constantly spinning gear box and motor. Instead, the motor spins only when it gets a signal and it turns the timer much faster than clocked timer to get to the next wash combination. So it then also uses several switches to signal with. Therefore a computer chip is still controlling the entire operation and it's not as mechanical automated as thought. That's why the knob has been phased out and now it's push buttons.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply