Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia Ratliff  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2010 5:39:54 AM(UTC)
Patricia Ratliff

Groups: Registered

Denman, please help. My dishwasher stayed in its first cycle for 45 minutes (I timed it), I had to manually turn the knob to the rince cycle and even that cycle took a long time, I finally just manually turned the knob to off. Thanks for your expert advice.
Patty from WV:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2010 12:54:30 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Most units have hold points where the machine waits for the water to reach a certain temperature.
If you have an econo cycle re: no water heating, try that to see if the wash times are OK.

I have no technical info on this unit so am sort of taking shots in the dark.

Check that the water temperature of the water filling the unit is at least 120 degrees F.

Check your heater, should be around 20 ohms.
Be sure to remove power from the unit when doing this and disconnect one side of it. This prevents you from reading an alternate/parallel circuit path.

Most units have 2 thermostats on is a hi-limit for the heater and the other is a sensing thermostat to tell the unit that the water temperature has reached a set point. I can only find one in your unit (Item 44 in Section 4) but am not sure which it would be.

Hopefully someone with experience on this particular model or with the wiring diagram will jump in and help out.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Patricia Ratliff  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 6:51:03 AM(UTC)
Patricia Ratliff

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Most units have hold points where the machine waits for the water to reach a certain temperature.
If you have an econo cycle re: no water heating, try that to see if the wash times are OK.

I have no technical info on this unit so am sort of taking shots in the dark.

Check that the water temperature of the water filling the unit is at least 120 degrees F.

Check your heater, should be around 20 ohms.
Be sure to remove power from the unit when doing this and disconnect one side of it. This prevents you from reading an alternate/parallel circuit path.

Most units have 2 thermostats on is a hi-limit for the heater and the other is a sensing thermostat to tell the unit that the water temperature has reached a set point. I can only find one in your unit (Item 44 in Section 4) but am not sure which it would be.

Hopefully someone with experience on this particular model or with the wiring diagram will jump in and help out.

Thanks Denman, good info I will check out it out--one more question--could it be the timer?
denman  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 7:03:19 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Could be but usually it is something else.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply