Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gadget228  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2010 1:12:37 PM(UTC)
gadget228

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore dishwasher model 665.17829000. The last few weeks in order to get it to run you had to keep playing with the start button by pushing it over and over or sliding your finger across it, thought the contacts were going bad but then noticed that the delay start light was doing the same thing and that the light on the light wash cycle wasn't working either.

Once started it ran fine but today it quit sometime during the cycle, there is water in the bottom of it but it looks clean, no soap or food particles. Nothing on the control panel works now, no lights or any controls.

I think it's either the micro computer board inside the door or the door control panel that is causing the problem, any way to narrow down which is at fault ?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

deggert75  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:41:16 AM(UTC)
deggert75

I have a very similar issue with my Kenmore dishwasher model 66517032401. Yesterday it just stopped during the middle of a cycle. There is clear water in the bottom, and none of the buttons on the control panel will light up, although I did check and power is getting to the control board. None of the electronic components appears to be burned, so I'm trying to figure out whether I need to replace the control board. Any thoughts from the pros?
gadget228  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2010 10:09:05 AM(UTC)
gadget228

I didn't fix mine, wasn't sure if it was the computer board or the front panel control board and buying both would cost as much as a new washer would. I did find out that there is a thermal breaker in the door and if it breaks the front control panel won't do anything.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2010 1:20:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: deggert75 Go to Quoted Post
I have a very similar issue with my Kenmore dishwasher model 66517032401. Yesterday it just stopped during the middle of a cycle. There is clear water in the bottom, and none of the buttons on the control panel will light up, although I did check and power is getting to the control board. None of the electronic components appears to be burned, so I'm trying to figure out whether I need to replace the control board. Any thoughts from the pros?

The problem can be a bad thermal fuse (#6 on the diagram) which has to be tested for continuity.

- The thermal fuse Part number: AP3178588
Part number: AP3178588

Gene.
Gene  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2010 1:26:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gadget228 Go to Quoted Post
I didn't fix mine, wasn't sure if it was the computer board or the front panel control board and buying both would cost as much as a new washer would. I did find out that there is a thermal breaker in the door and if it breaks the front control panel won't do anything.

Sorry we missed your question. Are you still willing to fix the dishwasher?

Gene.
deggert75  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:58:49 PM(UTC)
deggert75

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The problem can be a bad thermal fuse (#6 on the diagram) which has to be tested for continuity.

- The thermal fuse Part number: AP3178588
Part number: AP3178588

Gene.

Thanks Gene. I checked the thermal fuse and there is no continuity between the two terminals. I assume that means it's bad and needs to be replaced, right?
gadget228  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2010 4:44:46 AM(UTC)
gadget228

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Sorry we missed your question. Are you still willing to fix the dishwasher?

Gene.

Doubt it. It's a roll around model and have been looking into the possibility of removing the old dishwasher from the cabinet and putting an under the counter model in it.
deggert75  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2010 7:20:30 PM(UTC)
deggert75

Got the new thermal fuse. The instructions tell me to cut off the wire ends on the dishwasher, then use the universal screw terminal block to connect the fuse. Why can't I just remove the wire harness on the replacement fuse and connect it with the original harness in the dishwasher? Seems like a more robust connection and the fuse is the same part number as the old one I removed.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply