Discuss

bosch dishwasher troubleshoot manual

in

Dishwasher Repair

. "

thanks for the 2001 repair manual. Does anyone have a manual for those Bosch DW after 2001 like the shu9955?.

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dishwasher Repair » bosch dishwasher troubleshoot manual

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 12:59 AM

Bosco Seattle is on a distinguished road
Angry Bosch Repair Manual shu9955

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

thanks for the 2001 repair manual. Does anyone have a manual for those Bosch DW after 2001 like the shu9955?. (Yes I have the "run-on" 2hr plus problem as all the others.( Perhaps Bosch wants to pay this water bill.)

The most recent status is the control module is not available.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 11-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Quote:
...The most recent status is the control module is not available...
The control module for your dishwasher is still available but it is on Vendor backorder with no ETA. You can call the Appliance Parts Pros customer service (877-477-7278) for more specific information.

- The control module Part number: AP2804417

Part number: AP2804417

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 11-04-2009, 03:05 PM

sbk101 is on a distinguished road

This is interesting- the one I need for SHX46UC02 model is on backorder too. These things are going faster than Bosch can have them made. And they tell me that this is rare and unusual.....
I will repair my control module with a new relay; the one thats in there seems to be the culprit.

I got my idea here:
Bosch Dishwasher Control Module (266746)**|**ApplianceJournal.com
read MrMark52 post from August 28, 2009

Anyone have any more info on that?
Old 11-08-2009, 06:47 PM

BCW is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks Harold!

I have a SHU66C that fills, drains, but takes a very long time and doesn't clean. I suspect the circulation pump. Does anyone know if the diagnostics posted by Harold will help me and which one?
Thanks,
BCW
Old 11-10-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCW View Post
I have a SHU66C that fills, drains, but takes a very long time and doesn't clean. I suspect the circulation pump. Does anyone know if the diagnostics posted by Harold will help me and which one?
Thanks,
BCW
Not sure about your specific diagnostics. I would rule out circuitboard problem first before starting to replace other parts. All you have to do is visual inspection. Any dark burnt spots on it?
Old 11-10-2009, 11:17 AM

Thanks SBK. I will do as you suggested, but it appears the control module is in short supply. However, I am an electrical engineer and will try to fix the CB if I see a problem. Now, how do I get at the circuit board?
BCW
---------------------------
I got to the board and looked for problems but only found what might have been a cold solder joint. I fixed the solder joint and re-assembled the DW only to have the same problem.
With the exception of Rinse & hold= 10, all the other cycles times still look strange, maybe backwards: regular wash=146, scrub wash= 116, power scrub plus=102.

Ran the diagnostic for the SHU68 (hoping it would be similar to my SHU66) and the readout said "20". Pushing the two buttons to advance the test to the next step resulted in a "0"= no faults found.
Any thoughts?

Last edited by BCW : 11-10-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Charged ahead to dismantle the door, etc.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

You can use the instructions attached to this reply.

If you need the correct part numbers, post the end of the model number.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for BOSCH SHU66C06 UC/14 (FD 8211-) | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Attached Files
File Type: doc How to replace control module.doc (129.5 KB, 202 views)

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 11-10-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCW View Post
Thanks SBK. I will do as you suggested, but it appears the control module is in short supply. However, I am an electrical engineer and will try to fix the CB if I see a problem. Now, how do I get at the circuit board?
BCW
Gene provided link (above) for diagrams. Circuit board is inside plastic housing called control module. This is inside door under your buttons. Start by taking off screws holding door together- but not big hinge screws at bottom. Someone posted detailed instructions for their unit here:
Bosch Dishwasher Control Module (266746)**|**ApplianceJournal.com
you will also find interesting fix for replacing relay on circuit board.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:47 PM

Thanks Gene and sbk - - - you guys are GREAT!
I wish I had waited for Gene's reply, especially the part about "BUT NOT THE BIG HINGE SCREWS AT THE BOTTOM". Yikes, what a mess I made - - - but got it back together finally. Reminds me of the quote, "God grant me patience and I want it right now!"
Still have the same problem(s), but now I am afraid to order a circulating pump ($185) without a clue to the cycle and display problems. Maybe a new DW?
BCW
Old 11-10-2009, 06:00 PM

I do not really know how you should proceed. Gene has a lot more experience than me, but I can say that the cold solder joint was your problem- at least a big part of it. It may have messed something else up. You areon the right track. When I soldered mine it fixed the problem. Possibly something needs to be reset. I can not say if a new board will fix it. Also I read somewhere in this forum that "0" can mean no faults - something else. I will look to see if I can find it.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.