Discuss

bosch dishwasher troubleshoot manual

in

Dishwasher Repair

. "

Ed, Yes, disconnect the water line. Make sure the water supply is turned off. Possible you will need to pull

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dishwasher Repair » bosch dishwasher troubleshoot manual

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Ed,

Yes, disconnect the water line. Make sure the water supply is turned off.

Possible you will need to pull the dishwasher out of the cabinet to ease the side access.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 01-28-2011, 09:02 AM

Ed Y is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Ed,

Yes, disconnect the water line. Make sure the water supply is turned off.

Possible you will need to pull the dishwasher out of the cabinet to ease the side access.

Gene.
Thanks a lot. I'll let you know how I make out as soon as the valve arrives.
Ed Y
Old 02-01-2011, 02:16 PM

Ed Y is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Y View Post
Thanks a lot. I'll let you know how I make out as soon as the valve arrives.
Ed Y
Gene,
Thanks for the tips. The valve arrived the other day and I installed it today. The first time that I reassembled it, I had dropped the small washer that seals between the plastic of the valve and the elbow of the water supply, but I caught my error prior to turning the water on. Everything turned out great, for a change. Your help made me a hero in my house.
Maybe I should get cards printed up and go in the appliance repair business, Just kidding.
Ed Y
I probably could have used a "faucet wrench" to remove the water supply elbow and thus eliminated the need to pull the washer out from the cabinet.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You are welcome Ed. I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Thank you for the feedback.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 02-21-2011, 02:59 PM

Geokav is on a distinguished road
Red face Bosch manual

Thank you for the lead. I've been able to narrow down the possibilities although I'm not certain the manual is written for the SHU6605C. The fault code came up as '2' (heater) and the water was indeed cool. The main symptom I have is weak water flow into the tank. The pump motor is working and drawing about 1.4A.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You may want to inspect the control module for a broken solder joint. This issue is much more common than a fault heater.

The model number you posted does not come up. Is it American model?

Gene.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:22 PM

Red face

Thanks Gene,
Yes, the tag says made in U.S.A.
Bosch model #SHU66C05UC/23
I put away my tools for the night. whew!
I'll try locating and checking the controller joints. I still haven't determined why the water isn't pumping with force. I expect I'll need to renove the pump and inspect its 'innards'. i nust adnit I'm more at home with commercial HVAC than I am with appliances. This is a first with dishwashers!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Earlier you said: "I have is weak water flow into the tank". Now you stating that "the water isn't pumping with force". So what exactly is wrong? Might be the water inlet valve is clogged?

How much water is inside the dishwasher?

- The water inlet valve Part number: AP3783031

Part number: AP3783031

- The control module Part number: AP3874051

Part number: AP3874051

Gene.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:29 PM

Applianceaid is on a distinguished road
Default Bosch Dishwasher No Drain Repair Video

Hey all, I found a really good video online, it explains what is wrong and how to fix a bosch dishwasher that wont drain.

Click on the link below.

Bosch DW Repair Video
Old 02-27-2011, 10:23 AM

Default gave up

Thank you for the input. I accepted defeat and have an appt with a service tech. This one's going to the professionals; not being a Dr. I have no' patience' for this!
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.