Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
redeyedog  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:17:20 PM(UTC)
redeyedog

Groups: Registered

Hi, I came here before when this dishwasher motor stopped working. Itried all the tips and ended up replacing the motor/pump assemply with a new one. Everything went well and it has been working well ever since, about 2 months.

Just the other day, the dishwasher didn't finish but was off as far as I could tell. I opened the door and the water was still in the tub. Turning the control knob did nothing. No humming. I figured it may have tripped the breaker so I reset the next day. The dishwasher worked for a few days until today.

I tried the same routine but this time, no change. Tub is full of water and turning the control knob does not change anything. No humming.

Not sure what to do? This was a brand new motor/pump. Do they go out so fast? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 1:48:03 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Not sure what to do? [COLOR="Blue"]
[/COLOR]
Since resetting the breaker the first time worked, I would check that there is power getting to the unit. You could have a bad breaker or a bad connection where the unit is attached to the house wiring.
If the wiring is OK
Then shut power off to the unit and try turning the motor's armature, to see if perhaps it is jammed. Often you can do this with a small screwdriver using the cooling fins on the back of the motor.
If OK turn power back on
Measure the voltage across the motor winding, if it is getting voltage and not turning the motor is toast.

[COLOR="Blue"]Not sure what to do? This was a brand new motor/pump. Do they go out so fast?[/COLOR]
Like any part the motor can fail prematurely. Depending where you purchased it, it may still be under warranty.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
redeyedog  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:21:30 PM(UTC)
redeyedog

Groups: Registered

That was great advice! I finally got around to checking the power at the dishwasher. I didn't use conventional methods but was clear no power was getting up there.

So I went and checked the breaker again and like you said, it seems there is a "contact" issue with the breaker.

The dishwasher is running again and it's likely there is nothing wrong with the new motor/pump assembly.

Thanks again for your assistance!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply