Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BillyMac126  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2010 2:30:33 PM(UTC)
BillyMac126

Groups: Registered

Lately I have had issues pertaining to the drain pump not shutting off and dealing with leaks from the front of the machine.
I removed the machine and removed the left side panel to expose the parts. I hooked up water, power and the drain hose and ran the machine to test.
There is a part called a "water inlet system" which is made of plastic and directs the water into the machine and then out to the drain, depending on the cycle. It has a small vent hole on the top right side of it. I noticed that when the machine first starts, the water enters the plastic water inlet system and makes its rounds in the tubing so fast that it spills out of the top vent hole. This water flows down to the bottom pan, activating a float which rises up and closes a micro-switch that activates the drain pump. The pump continualy runs until I remove the water, hence lowering the float.
I cleaned out the inlet system, but have had no luck so far.
Any advice welcome.
thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

David Webb  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 11:46:44 AM(UTC)
David Webb

I just today found the same exact issue. Any results?
BillyMac126  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 2:10:30 PM(UTC)
BillyMac126

Originally Posted by: David Webb Go to Quoted Post
I just today found the same exact issue. Any results?

David,
When I discovered the vent hole overflowing, I covered the hole with some black putty, called "dum-dum"
I ran the machine twice and watched it.....it ran ok, so I placed it back under the counter.
Since that time, my wife must have run the machine at least 10 times and so far so good.
I realize it's probably only a temporary repair, 3 or 4 months at the most, so I am still trying to figure out my next move.
If you figure something out would you be kind enough to let me know?
Thanks,
Bill
BillyMac126  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 2:13:31 PM(UTC)
BillyMac126

Originally Posted by: BillyMac126 Go to Quoted Post
David,
When I discovered the vent hole overflowing, I covered the hole with some black putty, called "dum-dum"
I ran the machine twice and watched it.....it ran ok, so I placed it back under the counter.
Since that time, my wife must have run the machine at least 10 times and so far so good.
I realize it's probably only a temporary repair, 3 or 4 months at the most, so I am still trying to figure out my next move.
If you figure something out would you be kind enough to let me know?
Thanks,
Bill

By the way, I forgot to mention that when we run the machine, I wait about one or two minutes after it first starts, open the door slowly and pour in about a 1/2 cup of white vinegar. That will rinse out debris inside the any of the plastic parts that water flows through.
David Webb  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 2:55:03 PM(UTC)
David Webb

I just found that the water inlet valve is leaking. I will need to replace that first.
BillyMac126  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 4:48:25 PM(UTC)
BillyMac126

Originally Posted by: David Webb Go to Quoted Post
I just found that the water inlet valve is leaking. I will need to replace that first.

That's most likely your problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply