Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dqwick  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:48:46 PM(UTC)
dqwick

Groups: Registered

I have a Bosch SHU 9925UC/U12 that is having some problems. I am able to start a (Regular) cycle, which runs 10 minutes then drains. It then continues to run (hum) for five minutes and shuts itself off (after clicking 5 or 6 times). Upon opening the door the power is off, and an inch or so of water remains in the dishwasher.

I can drain the remaining water by restarting with the power button, then a simultaneous push of the Power Scrub and Delicate buttons, so the draining is not the issue, but the loss of power mid-cycle is. Am I looking at a bad capacitor, or motor, or something else ?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Erickbracken  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:05:23 PM(UTC)
Erickbracken

Groups: Registered

I have a Bosch SHE 46C05UC/17 that is having some problems. I am able to start a (Regular) cycle, which runs 10 minutes then drains. It then continues to run (hum) for five minutes and shuts itself off (after clicking 5 or 6 times). Upon opening the door the power is off, and an inch or so of water remains in the dishwasher.

I can drain the remaining water by restarting with the power button, then a simultaneous push of the Power Scrub and Delicate buttons, so the draining is not the issue, but the loss of power mid-cycle is. Am I looking at a bad capacitor, or motor, or something else ?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Gene  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 2:13:08 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Erickbracken Go to Quoted Post
...It then continues to run (hum) for five minutes...

Hello,

So does it run or does it hum? These are very different conditions. If it's just humming, remove the toe panel and try to pinpoint where that humming is coming from. Post the results.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply