Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dbonet  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 3:51:16 PM(UTC)
dbonet

Groups: Registered

Dishwasher fills with water
water heats up
motor fails to start-- no wash water spray into wash chamber
motor works and pumps waster out down the drain correctly
heater works
is there a device failure which prevents the motor from pumping the water into the wash chamber
there is the sound of some sort of electrical device apparently jammed although the motor works when draining the device.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

bambiblaster  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 5:07:05 PM(UTC)
bambiblaster

Groups: Senior Expert

Most likely the wash motor has seized or something is in there.. the drain has its own seperate pump/motor assy.. You will need to remove the top of the pump inside the dishwasher to get to the chopper area..
TONY0707  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 11, 2008 3:55:51 PM(UTC)
TONY0707

HI ON MY KENMORE 587-- DISHWASHER---THE MOTOR IS NOT STARTING TO BEGIN THE WASHING OF THE DISHES-- WHEN IT S/B -ALL ELSE WORKS AS IT SHOULD- THE TIMER--WATER IN AND OUT AT THE CORRECT TIMES--IS MY MOTOR DONE-OR IS THERE A PART THAT CONTROLS-THE MOTOR TO TURN IT ON AND OFF -THAT MIGHT BE CONSIDERED FOR REPLACEMENT AT THIS TIME- MY MACHINE IS ONLY 3 YEARS OLD -AND USED LESS OFTEN THAN MANY-I DID BLOW A FUSE AT THE ELECTRIC PANNEL-IN THE MIDDLE OF A WASH CYCLE-FLIPPED THE SWITCH BACK ON-TO FIND THE SITUATION -I HAVE DESCRIBED ABOVE--ISN'T THIS SHORT LIVED FOR A KENMORE DISHWASHER --AS A GENERAL RULE- SURE SEAM TO BE TO ME! thanks for your pro advice in advance===TONY0707===
TONY0707  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 11, 2008 4:05:43 PM(UTC)
TONY0707

i did remove the parts above the pump motor-inside the dish washer-found nothing- impelers clean and spin freely by hand-is the motor now more likely the issue????
TONY0707  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 11, 2008 4:20:36 PM(UTC)
TONY0707

kenmore 587- diswasher-any chance-my control modual is my problem-but washer motor does not work at any of the places it s/b-i assume the control modual is the dial on the face of my diswasher (the timer-part )??? new to this terminology-thanks ===tony0707===
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply