Discuss

Dishwasher will not drain

in

Dishwasher Repair

. "

DW works fine but will not drain. The only hose I can see under the sink looks like the water

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dishwasher Repair » Dishwasher will not drain

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 10:21 PM

Stardell is on a distinguished road
Default Dishwasher will not drain
Brand: Jenn-Air   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

DW works fine but will not drain. The only hose I can see under the sink looks like the water line. Nothing connects to the disposal,other than the drain from the sink. I cannot locate a diagram for the Jenn-Air JDB6510 to do any closer examination. Side note: the outside temperature has been between 12 and 30 degrees. Help.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 12-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a name known to all

Here are parts for your unit re:AWP
Pump & motor replacement parts for JENN-AIR JDB6510AWP Dishwasher - Undercounter | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the tech sheet
http://www.servicematters.com/maytag...s/16022580.pdf

First you have to determine is if it is trying to drain.
If yes then it is probably a drain line or a pump problem.
If no then it is either a timer or a motor problem.

Am not sure why you mentioned the outside temperature?
Old 12-21-2009, 01:05 PM

olypm is on a distinguished road

Do you have a Johnson T value air vent which vents to outside? It might have froze solid. I suggest this because, (a) you don't see a drain line, Johnson T values drain into a copper pipe that goes into the wall behind the DW. You should see a vent on your outside wall kind of behind and above the dishwasher. (b) If the P trap in the Johnson T value froze, it blocks the DW from draining, but everything else works fine.

There are also vents that vent into the wall cavity. I don't know if these are code or not, but I've seen them (Home Depot).

I figured this was the problem on my DW by taking it out and running a cycle with it draining into the sink just to make sure the DW was working okay. Next I blew air into the drain pipe and it was plugged. I waited a couple days and it thawed and I put everything back. Oh, I used a shopvac to drain the standing water in the DW first.

Johnson T's are bad, bad, bad. They were big in the 1990's with granite kitchens. If that is what you have, consider retrofitting around it (into the disposer, etc.).

Hope this helps,
Jeff
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.