Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mdax1101  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:36:17 PM(UTC)
mdax1101

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Triton model #gsd5500g00bb. Basic problem is that it will not drain. I have had two contractors out to look at the dishwasher. The first one replaced the drain pump. The second replaced the controller panel. However, after both repairs, I still have the same problem.

After running any of the cycles on the dishwasher, water is left in the bottom. Some times it is dirty, some times it is clean, some times it is soapy. When I run the rinse only cycle multiple times, the amount of water each time at the end of the cycle increases.

One thing I have noticed is that if I start a rinse cycle, and then hit the start/reset button, which should cancel and drain the tub, I can here it start to drain, and then I can here the dishwasher filling with water during the reset. I have shut the water off to the unit, and done this same procedure, and it drains completely. I also noticed that if I stop the cycle, and open/close the soap dispenser then close the door and let the cycle continue, that sometimes I can get the drain to complete, without water filling again.

After reading many posts on this subject, I replaced what was easy, the piston & Nut assembly, with no difference in the behavior.

So three things replaced, with basically no change in behavior. Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, also went through and cleaned out all the filters, the drain hose, the disposal inlet. Found a lot of garbage, but did not resolve the issue.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.