Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pat Meehan  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 11:46:03 AM(UTC)
Pat Meehan

Groups: Registered

Hi there, thanks for helping. I push any of the clean and dry buttons and they will blink 3 times and then go dark. I can use the lock feature no problem and know how to turn the lock off, so it's not that. I also tripped the breaker at the box for 45 minutes and that didn't reset the buttons either. With nothing lit, I even tried to click the start button (normally this will just wash with whatever instructions were on the last wash) and it sounds like the motor makes some noise for five seconds, then a different noise for 2 seconds, then it will stop. I took out the washing arms to get to the first filter and nothing was there. Stuck -
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

swhite7625  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2009 11:08:05 AM(UTC)
swhite7625

My dishwasher has been fine. All of a sudden one day I noticed control pannel lights blinking. Tried to run a load and nothing. We had an extra control pannel and installed that and still the same. We just ordered a new fuse kit hoping that will fix the problem. dishwasher is 8 years old and kitchenaid was no help when i called. if fuse does not work we will order the electronic conrol and try that at 85$. Let us know if you have any luck.
Pat Meehan  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2009 4:05:29 AM(UTC)
Pat Meehan

I read this website and others and found the answer to my problem. My 2 year old kept pressing all the buttons. I used this button pattern (Press these buttons in order fairly quickly) High wash/Air Dry/Air Dry/High Wash/ Air Dry/ Air Dry. My washer is working again. Apparently my 2 year old figured out how to run the cycles quickly!

On the blinking lights, through my research I've seen your issue-blinking lights that won't stop. In most cases it's been a button malfunction. There is a depressed button on your panel that is stuck and that's how the board notifies you. I can't be positive but that's what I've read on these sites. The only way to fix that is a new panel board. Hope it helps.
swhite7625  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2009 5:11:50 AM(UTC)
swhite7625

Thanks for the tip. We had already replaced the control panel. We had one from when we originally bought the dishwasher. The contractors cut it when opening the box and when we got the new one we saved it. It was still not working. I tried your trick with the buttons and that seems to be working. I just called and canceled my order for the fuse. Kind of weird it needed to be done since it was a new pannel. I always us e the control lock so not quite sure what happened but I do have a 5 year old. Anyways thanks a lot and hopefully that was all that needed to be done. You think the people at kitchenaid would know this stuff.
Pat Meehan  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2009 5:38:18 AM(UTC)
Pat Meehan

Good for you! Two birds with one stone! Those 5 year olds are persistant, as much as they are cute.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply