Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nofearengineer  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 6:50:46 AM(UTC)
nofearengineer

Groups: Registered

The dishwasher isn't getting any water. I overrode the door safety, and ran the dishwasher. The pump works fine. When I manually fill the dishwasher, it sprays great. I checked the inlet valve screen. It was perfectly clean. So I checked the valve solenoid for continuity. It measured 1k ohms, which seems reasonable for a 120 VAC solenoid of this size. I then put the meter on the wires to the solenoid, and didn't get any voltage through the part of the cycle the valve should have been open.

Since I can't seem to find a schematic of the dishwasher, and I really don't want to un-plumb the thing to get it somewhere I can go over all of the wiring, my best guess would be the contacts in the timer assembly are bad. Anyone got any other thoughts or suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 12:25:43 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for General Electric GSD3200J00WW Dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

First check that the float switch is OK as this will kill power to the water valve. Sometimes the float can get stuck in the up position also the switch may be toast.

Finding info on GE's on the net is near impossible, the wiring diagram is often taped to the back of the kick plate.

You could just trace the wires from the water valve to the timer always a possibility that one of them is broken internally.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
nofearengineer  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2009 8:42:32 AM(UTC)
nofearengineer

Groups: Registered

Thanks, Denman...it was definitely the float. I had no idea of the amount of crud that can build up in a dishwasher. After a good cleaning, the dishwasher runs like new.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply