Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tangent_man  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2009 5:10:00 PM(UTC)
tangent_man

Groups: Registered

I'm guessing the age, got it used and installed by a family friend. Happened once before and paid a repairman to come and turn the rotor, which had frozen/gotten stuck. Rotor turns this time, but still not engaging. Getting clicks, like it wants to, and the plunger mechanism next to the motor is operational. Not an appliance guy myself, so any advice would be helpful...I'd like to avoid Thanksgiving weekend repairman rates.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 5:51:50 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are some parts list, take a look at the pump and see if it is the same as yours. I cannot find info on the given model number so have to resort to other ways.
Replacement parts for PSD200VBA models | AppliancePartsPros.com
If the pump is the same then your unit is actually a GE.

Rotor turns this time, but still not engaging. Getting clicks, like it wants to, and the plunger mechanism next to the motor is operational.
Not quite sure what you mean by the above.
Is the motor running?
What are the symptoms of the machine?
How do you know that the solenoid (plunger) is OK?
What have you done to troublshoot this problem?
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
tangent_man  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 7:36:04 AM(UTC)
tangent_man

Groups: Registered

The rotor turns manually (not stuck), but the motor is not engaging.

It has a dial for power (with a 'water-saver' setting at about 1 o'clock), and as i turn the knob the motor clicks and the solenoid (plunger) is pressed down, so at least the wiring seems stable.

It's difficult to compare the pumps as the replacement appears to be a new white plastic model, but they are definitely similar.

i'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff, so i appreciate your patience. I'm just trying to save a service call if possible.
denman  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 8:09:15 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
i'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff, so i appreciate your patience. I'm just trying to save a service call if possible.

Not a problem, we all have to start somewhere. Even if it ends up that you need a repair person some knowledge will reduce the chances of you getting ripped off.

The plunger next to the motor is the wash/drain solenoid.
When up it is in the wash position, the flapper valve in the pump housing directs the water up to the spray arm.
When pulled down, it is in the drain position and the flapper valve directs the water out to the drain.

Check if the motor is getting power should be 120 volts.
If the motor is getting the correct voltage and is not jammed and still will not run it is toast.

Depending on the age and condition of the unit it often makes more sense to purchase a new unit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply