Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Spokey  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2009 6:15:08 AM(UTC)
Spokey

Groups: Registered

Hello. I just bought a place and I am guessing on the age of the dishwasher, but the model is correct. The problem with it seems to be that sometimes it fills with water and works fine, sometimes there is no water. Every time I run it, I can hear switches clicking and motors humming, but only sometimes do I hear water filing the tub (and when I don't, the dishes come out dry and the soap is still in the tub, so I'm sure the problem is no water filing the tub.

Can anyone point me toward how to test/replace any parts that may be associated with getting water into the tub

I will most likely be remodeling the kitchen within the next year, but would like to get this thing dependable for the short term. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:24:09 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for MAGIC CHEF DU51A-01 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Can anyone point me toward how to test/replace any parts that may be associated with getting water into the tub

The water fill runs basically on three parts:
1. The timer. Could be the water fill contacts are dirty and are therefore intermittent.
2. The water valve. Could be that is is not opening sometimes.
3. The float switch. It might also be intermittent. It kills power to the water inlet valve to stop a flood if the timer contacts weld themselves together.
I would inspect the switch and also take the float mechanism apart to make sure that it is clean.Could be it is sticking in the up position once in a while.

Your problem is that it is intermittent so will be a pain to find.
I cannot find a wiring diagram for your unit so cannot tell you which timer contacts run the valve. You could trace the valve's wires back to the timer and then check the contacts that go to that wire. It will probably be wired one side of the line, then the float switch, then the valve and then up to the timer.

Another way to find this would be to hook a meter up to the far side of the float switch and then one side of the inlet valve so you are measuring across both of them.
Then if you get 120 volts across the meter and the unit does not fill you will know that it is either the valve or the overfill switch.
If you do not get voltage when it should fill then it is either the timer or a bad connection in the wiring.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Spokey  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:13:30 AM(UTC)
Spokey

Groups: Registered

Wow, very informative. Thanks! I'll be back for parts when I figure this out!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply