Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
divano  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2009 10:47:11 PM(UTC)
divano

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Model DU943PWKQ0 dishwasher. Several of the controls on the front panel no longer work, ie normal wash, cnacel and drain, etc. Others like heavy duty wash work perfectly. It appears the most used are what is not functioning. My question is should I replace the Microcomputer assembly part number 8530929 or the Console (with overlay) part number 8274732. Can you help as I cannot really afford both!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

hookem2  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 10, 2009 12:01:05 PM(UTC)
hookem2

Groups: Registered

This site was a great help!

I have the same style dishwasher and all my buttons quit working as well. The start button would not turn on. I took the advice from this site. At first, I was going to change out the electronic control panel and if that didn't work, replace the touch console. The panel was about $70.00 and the touch console about $100.00. I just could not get the payoff because the dishwasher was 3 years old and I paid $300.00.

Using the posted information on this thread, I ordered the Thermal Fuse Kit for $9.95 and paid the extra shipping for a 2 day shipment. I said "What the heck" and spent $15.76 to see if this was the problem.

What a nice Christmas Present- I was going to buy a new dishwasher 2 weeks before X-Mas, and now I got mine working in 5 minutes for $15.00!

Thanks,
Hookem2
richappy  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2009 12:47:48 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
For divano. You probably have a bad console part # AP3130819 . You can confirm with a meter if you have one.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply