Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vtbiggs11  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 11:59:21 AM(UTC)
vtbiggs11

Groups: Registered

We just purchased our home, dishwasher came with it. It's a GE Triton... not sure of the specific model number. The dishwasher will run it's full cycle and even do the heated dry but when you go to open it up after it is almost completely full of water in the bottom. If you hit the reset button it will go through again and drain. This (to my knowledge) is the only way we have gotten it to drain. Of course, no manual and nothing online to help me! Hopefully you can!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 29, 2008 8:18:15 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The first thing I would check is the air gap on top of the sink (if any). Remove the cover and the top piece and check for a clog.

Remove the drain hose from the air gap, put it in a bucket, start the drain and look for a foreign objects coming out.

For an additional instructions I need the complete model number of the dishwasher.

Gene.
vtbiggs11  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2008 4:43:15 AM(UTC)
vtbiggs11

The number is 165D5450P002 (from the inside of the dishwasher) it's a GE Triton. My dad says it does not have an air gap hole on the sink, that is also what he checked first. They also tried the floater, which they said was sticky but to no avail.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 2, 2008 1:19:24 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
...Remove the drain hose from the air gap, put it in a bucket, start the drain and look for a foreign objects coming out.

For an additional instructions I need the complete model number of the dishwasher.

Gene.

The number you posted is not a valid GE model number. You can find it on the door frame of the dishwasher.

Where the drain hose goes if there is no air gap?

Even if there is no air gap, did you do the rest?

Gene.
poiip  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 28, 2008 3:37:49 PM(UTC)
poiip

This is a new question, but I saw the other GE Triton owner's same problem, so I just want to continue the thread.

Model GSD5930D00WW

I have checked the piston assy. The water drained to below that level. Also the water is discharged from the side of the disposal. I have not checked the drain valve (underneath the dishwasher), the problem is the previous owner installed to a way that I either have to sacrifice my hard wood floor or do a new countertop, it just does not want to come out. Is there any way to repair without pulling it out?

thanks
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:29:23 AM(UTC)
Gene

poiip,

Disconnect the drain hose from the garbage disposal (or from the air gap if there is one), put the end of the hose in a bucket and run the drain cycle to see if there are any foreign objects.

If this is not the issue then, unfortunately, the dishwasher has to be removed from the cabinet for further diagnosis.

Gene.
lizard7664  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 11:19:19 AM(UTC)
lizard7664

I have a GE dishwasher Model GSD1150X73 and it will not drain. What should I do to fix the problem?:confused: I checked the hose and it seemed fine, there is no vent valve and is hooked up to the garbage disposal.
abadfish66  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 11:38:13 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

With the door closed like your gonna start a wash, and you turn the dial around slowly, do you hear a clunk?

Originally Posted by: lizard7664 Go to Quoted Post
I have a GE dishwasher Model GSD1150X73 and it will not drain. What should I do to fix the problem?:confused: I checked the hose and it seemed fine, there is no vent valve and is hooked up to the garbage disposal.
okbobcats  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 2:48:26 AM(UTC)
okbobcats

Groups: Senior Expert

on page 6 look to see item number 564 is damaged
tedknapp  
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2011 12:44:50 PM(UTC)
tedknapp

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
The number you posted is not a valid GE model number. You can find it on the door frame of the dishwasher.

Where the drain hose goes if there is no air gap?

Even if there is no air gap, did you do the rest?

Gene.

>yes, that's a valid model number, because it's the same as the one in MY GE Profile dishwasher.
Ted
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply