Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hughessa  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2009 12:32:24 PM(UTC)
hughessa

Groups: Registered

Today my dishwasher leaked bubbles and water through the front door at the bottom. I took the panel off and there's a gap in the gasket, although it looks like there's always been a gap. I looked online for a new one and see there's also a "gasket insert" about 4-6" long, and I don't have one of these. Has anyone replaced a gasket on a Hotpoint dishwasher door? Do you need the gasket AND the insert? Where does the insert go? Thanks for any advice anyone has!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:33:39 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Escutcheon & door assembly replacement parts for GE HDA3400F00AA | AppliancePartsPros.com

Yes you should have the "Gasket insert" as it fills the gap at the ends of the door seal.

If you had a lot of bubbles this may not be a true leak. Bubbles are usually due to standard dishwasher soap getting into the dishwasher. It does not take much also have heard of people putting it in the rinse aid dipenser.
Dishwasher detergent is formulated so that it does not create many bubbles. Normally though your pump would sound different (growls) and you will not get clean dishes.

Check that the corner black pieces are OK.

Clean the tub under the door. Crud tends to collect here and can cause leaks.

Check that the spray arm is OK. No cracks and that the holes are clear. Sometimes it can spray at a weird angle and cause a leak.

Check that the unit is draining correctly. These units usually leave about a 1/4 inch of water in the tub. If it is a lot more than that, it may be overfilling.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply