Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jsvango  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2009 4:55:31 AM(UTC)
jsvango

Groups: Registered

Got this one 6 years ago but have not used it in 3 years because I moved to a new house that has a built in. It fills and runs fine but when it goes to pump out the dirty water it has less pressure and does not completely drain. I tried turning the knob back around to get it to drain longer but it tries to drain more but pumps in spurts still leaving water. After further investigation I noticed that while it is draining water is coming out of the sprayer arm also. Looking at the parts it appears my model has a drain valve that includes a diaphragm Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Diaphragm, part number: AP2909483 . Could this have gotten dry rot and not be fully closing during the 3 years of non use, making the pump flow water thou both the drain and the sprayer arm. I so how would I access this and replace it. also can this washer be installed instead of being a portable.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jsvango  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2009 10:00:14 AM(UTC)
jsvango

checked it out today and the diaphragm is not cracked still not sure if it should pump through the sprayer and drain at same time and if not what cuts off the sprayer. Am I looking at the right thing? does this drain valve stop water from going to the drain or as I am thinking suppose to stop the water from going out the sprayer when the motor reverses? PLEASE HELP!!!
jsvango  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2009 7:22:47 AM(UTC)
jsvango

well looked at it some more and I have found that the seal on the top of the funnel in the collector/check valve is no longer round. I believe that allows water to return to the tub when the water should be pumping out. any input would be nice.
jsvango  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2009 1:08:57 PM(UTC)
jsvango

well it seems that the parts list and diagram is wrong. The seal #19 on diagram is not the seal for the top of the funnel. It is the seal that goes in the collector under the funnel. I hope the #18 on diagram is the smaller seal that goes on top of the funnel. If not, I am not sure what I will do. No one will reply to this but me so.......
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply