Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mbow  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2018 7:29:42 AM(UTC)
mbow

Groups: Registered

Recently replaced a plugged water inlet valve and water is circulating freely through the unit again. However, now I have a leak on the left side of the door. I replaced the main door seal about six months ago, so I don't think that's it. I removed the front panel to see that the water is dripping over what seems to be a small trough that runs along the length of the door at the bottom. It's not a part of the door, but sits at the bottom of tub and is visible when the door is closed. I couldn't find evidence of a lower door seal, so after contacting WP, I found this design doesn't have one. I don't know how the bottom of the door is sealing and don't really want to remove the door to find out. I believe this problem may have just shown up because the inlet valve is now allowing a good amount of water to circulate around the inside of the tub. See attached photo. The blue arrow indicates where the water is entering the trough (it pulses with each rotation of the spray arm) and the red arrow indicates where the water is overflowing. There is a fair amount of soap residue in this area - as I close the door, I see the bottom of the door pushes down on the trough slightly - I suppose there could be soap residue stuck further in that is bending the trough somehow? Or, this contact is how the door seals? Appreciate any advice...
mbow attached the following image(s):
Example.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.