|Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras|
KitchenAid Dishwasher overfills with water
Model Number: KUDS35FXSS5 Brand: Kitchen Aid Age: 1 - 5 years
I was hoping someone could provide some advice on a KitchenAid dishwasher that seems to be overfilling during the main wash cycle. This doesn't always occur, but seems to happen about 20% of the time. Here are things I have tried:
- Reduced detergent and eliminated jet dry. Suds are low to non-existent, but problem still occurs.
- Cleaned with effresh (although it uses softened water and there are no deposits in dishwasher)
- Removed and cleaned filter, sump, chopper assembly, feed tube, wash arms, etc.
- Removed and cleaned float. Tested overfill switch, and it appeared to work. My DMM confirms that there is continuity and switch functionality at control panel.
- Unplugged/plugged dishwasher during fill (appx 10 times), and the water inlet switch appears to immediately shut off
- Reduced pressure from supply line by partially closing valve
- The dishwasher drains completely at the end of the cycle, and no water is visible in the sump prior to starting the dishwasher.
When overfilling does occur, the float is high and water splashes out the front of the dishwasher pan, into the door insulation, dripping from there to the floor. I can confirm that water splashes out the front (and doesn't leak from elsewhere) by removing the outer door panel.
What is the typical water level for this dishwasher?
Should it continue to add water until the overfill switch is activated, because this seems rather high? During fill, I can hear that this is the case - it will fill, pause, spray and continue to fill, pause, and repeat this pattern until I hear the fill valve stagger. At this point, I can see the overfill switch clicking on and off as well.
Could the control panel be faulty? Other than occasionally overfilling, everything seems to be operating correctly. Is there a way to perform a diagnostic on the control panel?
Thanks for your help!
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.
powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Ice maker overfills with water||sparky123||Refrigerator & Freezer Repair||0||09-14-2013 09:00 PM|
|ice tray overfills with water||ko422||Refrigerator & Freezer Repair||0||02-24-2012 10:17 AM|
|Dishwasher overfills occasionally||jerry80234||Dishwasher Repair||2||03-13-2011 01:56 PM|
|Washer overfills with hot water||jwallack||Washer Repair||1||07-23-2009 04:03 PM|
|Dishwasher overfills||mechanicmee||Dishwasher Repair||0||06-13-2009 10:31 AM|