Discuss

Whirlpool dishwasher Dishes wet and dirty

in

Dishwasher Repair

. "

I have a dishwasher that recently has stopped drying dishes well (leaves them really wet), leaves small pieces of debris

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dishwasher Repair » Whirlpool dishwasher Dishes wet and dirty

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2017, 12:55 PM

TysonHorlacher@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
Default Whirlpool dishwasher Dishes wet and dirty
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a dishwasher that recently has stopped drying dishes well (leaves them really wet), leaves small pieces of debris (food) that I can pretty much rinse off in the sink on dishes, and doesn't regularly dissolve the tablet for washing. All of these symptoms appear to have presented at the same time.

I have done some checks and in my testing it appears to fill and drain without any problems (after cycles there is no standing water in the bottom of the dishwasher). The inside of the dishwasher is clean and generally dry (dishes are completely wet though). It is a metal interior. When running a cycle it fills just fine but when I expect the washer motor to come on it generally clicks about 2-4 times (sometimes with starting the motor for less than 5 seconds). By the 4-5 time the washer motor seems to stay on but sometimes it seems to wait for several minutes between fill and when the motor comes on.

I did find some eggshell recently inside the rotating washer arms (which I removed the arms and shook, blew and compressed water through them until that was clear).

Any suggestions will be appreciated>

Additional info. Dishwasher is about 2 years old.

Last edited by TysonHorlacher@gmail.com : 12-19-2017 at 12:58 PM. Reason: additional information
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 12-20-2017, 07:11 AM

TysonHorlacher@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

Update of additional work done.

I have removed the rotating arms, temporarilly plugged the hole to the upper arms, and hose back pressured the system to perhaps clear any potential blockages in the circulation pump. The first 3-4 times (drain cycle run between pressurizing) the water was very foamy and it did bring out some eggshell remnants (not big enough for a blockage). Nothing solid that seemed big enough for a blockage came out. I did this cleaning 6-8 times.

Then dishwasher ran a test cleaning overnight. At first the circulation pump didn't seem to come on easy (short grumble about 6 times). After it seemed to be stopped completely, I manually ran the cancel drain cycle and restarted the wash cycle after that. It kicked on immediately after fill (which it wasn't). Dishes appear to be clean but remain really wet. I am planning to check continuity in the heating element to see if that was damaged in any way during the project. are there any other things I should check?

Thanks
Old 03-27-2018, 07:23 PM

jimmcnally is on a distinguished road
Default Did it Work?

Hi Tyson,
Did your back pressure cleaning of the circulating pump correct the problem?
I have a Whirlpool Dishwasher with the same problem!
Jim
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.