Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
acamise  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:49:06 PM(UTC)
acamise

Groups: Registered

First I noticed that it was hot and wet on the inside, but the dishes were not washed. I tried to run it again and It read "2H" in the display, not 2h which would be a timer delay. I looked through the manual and nothing. I checked everything I could , water was going to the unit, unit will drain if I press the two buttons, arms moved freely, with no clogs in arms or drain. I spoke to Bosch and they told me it was probably the control module. They recommended a service repair company, who came out and told me it was the control module, it would take 10 days to get the part, I needed to pay him 75.00. He was here for 10 minutes, if that and to fix it would be another 300.00. I called APP and ordered the control module. My husband installed it, it no longer displays the
2H, but it still doesn't run. The time elapses, the inside of the dishwasher is hot and wet and the water is smelly. What do I do now? I already invested 150.00 with the control module. My husband is an elevator mechanic and I think with the proper advice he will be able to repair it. Can you please help?

Thanks so much
Audrey
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2008 2:55:10 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Audry,

Did it drain completely at the end of the cycle or there is water on the bottom?

Did you clean the filters on the bottom?

Gene.
acamise  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 12:14:46 PM(UTC)
acamise

Hi Gene,

There was about a cup of water in the well where the drain filter is and yes I did clean out that filter. There was nothing in the filter, because i usually rinse it out after a few washers.
My husband wanted to add that he conected the old board's jumper plug to the new board, because the new board didn't have a jumper plug.

thanks Alot
Audrey
Gene  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 1:53:11 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Audrey,

The jumper plug must be there if it was on the old one.

Maybe that's why it did not work properly.

Also it is very important what kind of detergent did you use. Such dishwashers do not work with any kind of liquid or jell detergents and you have to use a rinse aid.

Gene.
acamise  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 5:45:09 PM(UTC)
acamise

HI Gene,

The jumper plug is not the problem, because it was on the old computer module and when my husband replaced the computer module, he put the jumper plug on the new one. The dishwasher was never run or attempted to run without the jumper plug. I have had the machine for almost 5 years and have dealt with all the issues about what kind of detergent to use, I use powdered detergent , which is recommended by the manufacturer because It has a stainless steel interior, plus I have a water softener. I always use a rinse aid. These are not the reasons that my machine is not working. I wish they were, because it would be an easy fix. There is something mechanical going on or going wrong. Thank you for your time. I appreciate your advice.

Audrey
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2008 11:12:25 AM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Audrey,

Looks like there is no proper venting during the drying part of the cycle.

During the drying part of the cycle, steam is drawn through the vent and collects in a condensation tube (inside the door).

Check the steam vent (the square part on the right side of the soap dispenser). It is visible when the detergent door is closed. Replace the dispenser if the vent is damaged.

- The part number for the dispenser assembly is AP3844311

Gene.
acamise  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2008 4:24:49 AM(UTC)
acamise

I don't think it's that, because the dishwasher never starts washing the dishes. I think it might be the impeller. I was told that sometimes it gets stuck and that I should take off the kickplate, put a pencil in the hole and give the impeller a few turns, close everything up and try starting the dishwasher. The water isn't coming out the spray handles, or if it is it is very little and only for a few seconds .

I am not sure how to take the kick plate off ...but I am going to check it out later today.

Thanks again,

Audrey
Gene  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:33:32 AM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Audry,

Well, I did not get it right but now I see what's going on.

Yes, the problem is a stuck wash pump, but I do not think you can fix it with a pencil.

If you can hear a humming noise from the motor - hopefully the motor is not damaged and the impeller & seal kit (#22 on the components break down diagram) should fix it.

If the motor is damaged then the whole circulation pump assembly has to be replaced.

In order to fix this problem the dishwasher has to be removed from the cabinet.

- The part number for the pump repair kit is AP2802376

- The part number for the circulation pump assembly is AP2826384

Here are the break down diagrams for the Bosch dishwasher Model SHU5305 UC/12 (FD 8003-)

Gene.
gmbroyles@swbell.net  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:04:31 AM(UTC)
gmbroyles@swbell.net

wanted to let everyone know of my success in repairing my old bosch.

after years of the ominous "2H" appearing on any regular wash and being told by service technicians that repair would be cost prohibitive, i finally found this site.

Thank you everyone!

an initial run through diagnostics yielded an error code of "07". this, of course, meant heating, aquasensor and fill faults. after reading through posts here, i opened the unit and resoldered the control unit as others have. after reassembly and test, the error code was "05" (aquasensor and fill fault). i rolled the dice and ordered a control unit here ($139.95). it arrived a day later (!), and i put it in a day later when i had time.

Error code "00"!!!

Thank you appliance parts pros. my twelve year old dishwasher has now got a second wind.

good luck to everyone else and hope this adds to our shared pool of knowlege.

greg-n-houston
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply