|Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras|
Dishwasher Not Fully Draining
Model Number: GSD4010Z04AA Brand: GE Age: More than 10 years
My dishwasher doesn't fully drain out the water from the tub. There is about 1/4 inch of water around the back of the tub at the end of the wash cycle.
1. I removed the filter frame, piston and nut assembly,sump cover and sump cap in the rear of the tub. There was nothing blocking them. I used a shop vac to suck out all the water and anything down in the sump area.
2. The Piston and Nut Assembly looked a little worn so I replaced it with a new one.
3. The Drain Solenoid arm moves freely and the piston slides up/down fine. I watched it engage during a test cycle where the piston was pushed down for about 30 seconds as the tub was draining. I also pulled it out of the unit to test it for resistance. I showed 37 ohms of resistance which my research says is correct for a good solenoid. I reinstalled it on the washer.
4. I removed the Check Valve & Body Assembly. The check valve looked a little worn so I replaced it with a new unit.
5. I checked the drain line where it connects into the garbage disposal and it was clear. I forgot to check the line coming out of the bottom of the drain pump before I reinstalled the washer back into the cabinet.
6. I did not test the drain pump as I don't know how. I do see the drain solenoid engaging and hear the pump pushing water as I saw the drain line moving back and forth so it seems like the drain pump is fine.
Does anyone know of another test I could be doing?
Is there a way to test the pump/motor assembly?
Is there a test to check if the control board is just shutting off the drain pump too soon at the end of the cycle?
The only thing I have left to replace is the complete pump/motor assembly and I hate to spend $128 on it and find it doesn't fix my problem.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.
powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Dishwasher not draining fully||ernestcmjr||Dishwasher Repair||1||01-29-2016 02:13 PM|
|Dishwasher leaking slightly and not draining fully||bdgnae||Dishwasher Repair||0||07-31-2013 11:46 AM|
|Dishwasher Not Fully Draining||Rich A1||Dishwasher Repair||0||04-05-2013 07:34 AM|
|Dishwasher not fully draining||gciccol||Dishwasher Repair||5||07-04-2012 10:00 AM|
|Dishwasher not fully draining||JandLKay||Dishwasher Repair||1||08-10-2010 05:51 AM|