Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pizzledizzle123  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:06:03 PM(UTC)
pizzledizzle123

Groups: Registered

I have a Caloric, CDU200C-60B, dishwasher. When running (using the same detergent I've always used without issue), it leaked out all over the kitchen floor. There was noticeable soapy residue on the outside of the exterior of the seal, and the water appears to have come out the front. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2008 12:17:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Start the dishwasher, wait about 1 minute, open the door and check for suds inside the dishwasher.

Remove the bottom panel and check for a leaking parts under the dishwasher.

Check if the door is not loose when it's latched.

Post your findings.

Gene.
pizzledizzle123  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:53:13 AM(UTC)
pizzledizzle123

I put in the normal detergent, and ran an entire cycle. I checked it after 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, and then periodically throughout. I'm not sure how much suds is normal, but I would guess there was about 3-4 inches at the bottom at most times.

I was unable to remove the front panel. There are two bolts in a rather tight space, and I don't have the right tools to get in there and remove it (it was not a screw).

There was no leaking. The only thing I can think, and this is out of left field, is that when it leaked was the first time I had tried to disinfect a spong that I normally use to wash pots/pans. Could the Dawn dish soap had a bad mix with the Electrosol dishwashing detergent, creating an inordinate amount of suds?

When it leaked, it took about two full rolls of paper towel to sop up the mess, so it wasn't like it just bubbled over...

thank you again for your help.
Herb Spencer  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 9:42:37 AM(UTC)
Herb Spencer

I have had some luck on this problem in the past by coating the door seal with vaseline. Sometimes the door seal will dry out from less usage than normal. Check as well if the seal is all intact around the door. On some dishwashers, there are seals on each bottom corner of the door area that could be missing. First, try and get that panel off and look for a leaking hose or pump underneath.
Gene  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2008 11:31:24 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: pizzledizzle123 Go to Quoted Post
....I'm not sure how much suds is normal, but I would guess there was about 3-4 inches at the bottom at most times.

...The only thing I can think, and this is out of left field, is that when it leaked was the first time I had tried to disinfect a sponge that I normally use to wash pots/pans. Could the Dawn dish soap had a bad mix with the Electrosol dishwashing detergent, creating an inordinate amount of suds?

When it leaked, it took about two full rolls of paper towel to sop up the mess, so it wasn't like it just bubbled over...

thank you again for your help.

The cause of the leak was the Dawn dish soap from the sponge. No doubt about it.

About 3-4 inches of suds on the bottom is what left from the original amount after it was washed out during a few fill and drain cycles.

Any of soap designed for an automated dishwasher does not produce ANY amount of suds.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply