Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shewantsitfixed  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2016 4:41:47 PM(UTC)
shewantsitfixed

Groups: Registered

Hi. I am seeking help with diagnosing a problem that I am having with my dishwasher.

Dishwasher: Kitchen Aid KUDS03FTPA2

My “PROBLEM”: When the dishwasher stops running the detergent is left as a puddle on the bottom of the tub. The detergent is not dissolving in the water because there is no water in the tub when the detergent is released.

Parts I have replaced: I installed a new detergent dispenser assembly – did not make a difference.

Tasks I have performed AFTER installing the new detergent dispenser assembly:

1- I cleaned the filter/drain area. There was no debris and after cleaning it anyway there was no difference. (PROBLEM still existed)

2- I invoked a Diagnostic Cycle by selecting Heated-Normal-Heated-Normal. All the lights light up (and none blink) and then I shut the door (there is soap in the dispenser). It runs the shortened cycle and the soap does dispense correctly (meaning there is water in the tub when it is dispensed). The dishwasher works fine with no issues. I did this twice and both times the soap dispenser worked fine.

3- I do not know how to run the Diagnostic Cycle where it is suppose to tell me what is wrong. I think it is supposed to signal me by blinking lights. Please provide guidance on how to do this if I need to do this. One issue I have is when I shut the door I can no longer see the lights so if the lights are giving me any signal I cannot see it (the lights are on the top edge of the door). With the door open I tried to rapid advance by selecting START/RESUME key and nothing happens.

4- I ran the dishwasher under Normal wash cycle (with heater dry off) four times. It worked fine twice and twice the PROBLEM occurred. When PROBLEM occurred I hear the drain running when the soap dispenser clicked open. I then opened the door and there is no water in the tub (the soap is puddled on the bottom). When it works correctly I can hear water filling and swishing when the soap dispenser clicked open. I wait for the entire wash cycle to finish and there is NO puddle (all soap dissolved and worked correct). Both successful times were immediately after I did #2 above (call this SUCCESS). Both times PROBLEM occurred were when I ran the test immediately after SUCCESS.

I am looking for guidance as to how to diagnosis or what to replace.

Thank you very much.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.