Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
G_ED  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2016 8:51:57 PM(UTC)
G_ED

Groups: Registered

Hello all, first time posting here. I have top-loading Samsung Washing Machine. It has a glass top on it, and the glass sits in a plastic and metal frame.

The glass in the lid accidentally shattered. It is some kind of safety glass, so it has busted all over the place, but it is indeed completely shattered but kept in place by a film or layer on both sides.

It is roughly $66 dollars for the replacement glass, or about $155 - $175 for the entire lid assembly.

I really need to try and fix this myself, as I don't really have the extra funds to pay for the expensive repair. However, I have never done this before.

I have searched everywhere for repair manuals, blogs or videos on youtube. I know I can order the parts here, but can anyone direct me to a place where i might be able to get some help or instructions on how to do this?

What I really want to do, to try and save money, is just fix what is broke. I want to buy the replacement glass, and try to remove the shattered piece safely without getting glass all over the place.

There was one comment on this site associated with the part page, where someone said that they used a knife and nail polish remover to remove the glue and pulled the glass out. But it looks like the frame is surrounding the glass. And it is hard to get a knife between the edges especially since the glass is so compromised.

wondering too if it might be easier if I could even just remove the lid first, then I could at least take the lid outside and break it out if needed without worrying about getting glass all over the laundry room.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much for any advice or guidance.

G
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.