Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jshtz4  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2016 7:07:07 PM(UTC)
jshtz4

Groups: Registered

We have a GE Dishwasher that is approx. 3 years old and it has started making a loud whining noise about two hours into the wash cycle. It sounded like a pump running dry and I confirmed that there was no water in the sump when the noise was occurring so I ran each pump in diagnostic mode without water and the noise sounds like it's the circulation pump. When the machine makes the noise, if I open the door and dump 2 liters of tap water into the sump it will go back to running normally and ultimately complete the wash successfully.

I replaced the inlet valve and the machine ran two or three full loads without issue but the problem quickly returned. Every part works correctly when running through diagnostics and the machine runs flawlessly for the first 2 hours every time. Any help on where to turn next would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.