Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
indytricia  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 11:33:23 AM(UTC)
indytricia

Groups: Registered

We replaced the control module purchased from APP. The proper time displays and counts down 2 mintues (from 88 to 86 on regular) then stops but the dishwasher does not shut off. Nothing else happens. This may be similar to other posts but I am having trouble finding resolution. Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

innovagp  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2009 8:08:17 PM(UTC)
innovagp

I have the same model as yours with a similar, if not the same, problem. When you run the test cycle on your dishwasher, what code is displayed? I get a code 4, fill fault. When I checked all the switches at the water level sensor, they worked fine. I replaced the control module and it does the same thing, giving a code 4 during the test.

The water fill valve on mine keeps getting voltage to it and staying open, even when the water level switch closes. Putting a jumper on the wires from the switch to close the fill switch circuit also does nothing to shut off the fill valve.

Another poster on this blog, Prop, had the same problem. He replaced the water fill valve, the water level sensor, and the control module--nothing corrected the error.

So--I wonder if their is some glitch peculiar to the SHU5315?
indytricia  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 3:29:47 AM(UTC)
indytricia

We finally had an appliance repair person take a look at it. The error code was 6 but I never knew what that meant. Anyway, he determined the drain valve was stuck. Much to our embarassment, he found mice had wadded up the insulation and the drain valve was blocked! I don't think we needed to replace the control module at all! We are just going to leave it in, though. Thanks for your response.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply