Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DavZe  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 4:49:42 PM(UTC)
DavZe

Groups: Registered

I have a Bosch dishwasher model SHU4302UC/U11. It makes a high pitched whining noise at seemingly random points during the cycle. It sounds like a bearing going bad. The volume of the whining noise also varies. Other than that, the dishwasher works ok. Prior work includes replacing the control unit and the detergent dispenser. What's the most likely cause of this whining noise? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

DavZe  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:44:16 PM(UTC)
DavZe

So, it's now 3 months later and the dishwasher is still making the same random whining noise. The noise hasn't changed much. However, someone I know who had the exact same dishwasher which was also making a similar whining noise was told that it was due to the pump going bad. Is this correct?
Luber  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2016 5:53:39 PM(UTC)
Luber

I have a Frigidaire that's now on its third pump. It's displayed similar symptoms' a whining/grinding kind of noise at various stages of the cycle. The first replace the was warranty, the second I did myself and was quite simple ($80 for the motor).

If the dishwasher is easy to access, take a look at the pump motor assembly. If it's anything like mine, it's a really simple removal; 2 bolts and a clip, unplug the power cable and wiggle the assembly out... and once it's out, if the motor is defective, it's really easy to detect the sloppy bearing in the pulley end of the shaft.
DavZe  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2016 10:19:46 PM(UTC)
DavZe

Originally Posted by: Luber Go to Quoted Post
I have a Frigidaire that's now on its third pump. It's displayed similar symptoms' a whining/grinding kind of noise at various stages of the cycle. The first replace the was warranty, the second I did myself and was quite simple ($80 for the motor).

If the dishwasher is easy to access, take a look at the pump motor assembly. If it's anything like mine, it's a really simple removal; 2 bolts and a clip, unplug the power cable and wiggle the assembly out... and once it's out, if the motor is defective, it's really easy to detect the sloppy bearing in the pulley end of the shaft.

Thanks for the reply. Here's a link to APP's replacement how-to video for the Bosch. Bosch 00239144 Circulation Pump - AppliancePartsPros.com It seems a little more complex than what you describe, but still doable. Moreover, the pump is also $200 so I don't want to get one until I'm certain that the problem is with the pump.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply