Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
beav626  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:52:58 PM(UTC)
beav626

Groups: Registered

Very annoying that the soap dispenser is not always opening during the wash cycle
GE GDT720SSF2SS

the pop door doesn't pop all the time.

Is this part replaceable or cleanable?

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 9:02:12 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: beav626 Go to Quoted Post
Very annoying that the soap dispenser is not always opening during the wash cycle
GE GDT720SSF2SS

Any help is appreciated.

Beav, Check and make sure the dishwasher racks are installed properly and nothing is against or blocking the detergent cup assembly. Yes, the Part number: AP5970760
Part number: AP5970760
is replaceable and cleanable, but you need to remove and dismantle the door assembly to access the detergent rinse aid dispenser(see the attached tech data sheet). There have been occasions where the detergent residue around the latch hook and openings have created opening problems. Once you access the detergent dispenser check for ant frayed, loose or kinked twisted wires, the dispenser operates on 12 to 13 VDC, and loose or weak connections on low voltage circuits can create intermittent operation of a component.
File Attachment(s):
Binder1.pdf (1,450kb) downloaded 103 time(s).
mostlysunny2011  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 7:20:05 PM(UTC)
mostlysunny2011

Can I be honest with you? I don't recommend people repair soap cups that don't open anymore. Why waste the money when you can buy the Finish Quantum Dishwasher Detergent and just toss it in the bottom of the dishwasher when you turn it on? The soap cup opens in the first cycle. dishwashingexpert.com
Originally Posted by: beav626 Go to Quoted Post
GE GDT720SSF2SS

Any help is appreciated.
mostlysunny2011 attached the following image(s):
finish.jpg
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 5:08:38 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: mostlysunny2011 Go to Quoted Post
Can I be honest with you? I don't recommend people repair soap cups that don't open anymore. Why waste the money when you can buy the Finish Quantum Dishwasher Detergent and just toss it in the bottom of the dishwasher when you turn it on? The soap cup opens in the first cycle. dishwashingexpert.com

That's not quite true, It will work if you only use the light wash or regular wash cycles. If you use the "longer" cycles (pots & pans, extended or heavy wash, etc.) The detergent cup is delayed until the second wash cycles, after the pre rinse or pre wash.
beav626  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 2:39:04 PM(UTC)
beav626

I believe the popper works, when the wash cycle is finished and the door is still closed, I can manually try to pop it and it feels stuck (Gummed up). When I put vinegar in it to clean it, it works good for about a week.
mostlysunny2011  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 9:13:03 PM(UTC)
mostlysunny2011

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
That's not quite true, It will work if you only use the light wash or regular wash cycles. If you use the "longer" cycles (pots & pans, extended or heavy wash, etc.) The detergent cup is delayed until the second wash cycles, after the pre rinse or pre wash.

I stand corrected, you are right..:)
Either way, I would never fix a soap cup not opening. Unless it was under warranty and I didn't have to pay for it.
I advise customers against it.
Joe / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 5:11:45 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: mostlysunny2011 Go to Quoted Post
I stand corrected, you are right..:)
Either way, I would never fix a soap cup not opening. Unless it was under warranty and I didn't have to pay for it.
I advise customers against it.

mostlysunny, Under certain circumstances, I probably would do the same. But there are consumers out there that do use all the cycles on their dishwasher(my wife for example). Personnally, I would give them the option. Thanks,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply