Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikeSnow  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2016 7:07:19 PM(UTC)
mikeSnow

Groups: Registered

We have a Samsung washer that stopped working. The following is the closed (internet) case that pretty much describes where we are at…

START/ "Samsung washer will not start
Reader Question:**My Samsung will not start. I have had zero problems with it for the past year. We have just exceeded our year warranty. This morning I went to do a load and it would not start. It allows me to select a cycle and the screen adjusts as normal. The arrows at the top of the screen indicate it is about to start and the door locks. But then it is as if the load is paused and it just sits and does nothing else.

There is power since I can see the time on the screen. The first of the three arrows at the top is blinking, a key, and a shirt with a plus sign. We checked the filter screens and water line and nothing is different. We took all the clothes out to make sure nothing was caught. We've gone through the whole manual and searched through websites and haven't found an answer. Help!

About Laundry Response:**Start by cleaning the contact points of the door latch with a bit of rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab. Even though it indicates that it is "locked", there must be full contact. If that doesn't work, here is the**technical manual**that will help you put the washer into diagnostic mode to better determine if you have a mechanical, computer or electrical problem." /END

I did clean the lock mechanism, per the article above. It appears we literally stumbled upon what might be 'diagnostic mode' by pressed and holding the Start/Pause and Power simultaneously we observed "A02." Following this I held Start/Pause and then observed "E2." This allowed a small amount of hot/cold water, and seemed to activate the Weight Sensing, but not filling, which we observed as slight rotating at the bottom of the tank a number of times. Going through this routine several times added water to the tank that we were then able to drain on "Spin" mode.

I checked the inlet strainers and found/cleaned small amounts of debris. Seems that water can flow IN cleanly and drain OUT. My DVOM indicates power (100v) does come to the solenoid contacts. The contacts disconnected from the solenoid shows continuity with small amount of resistance.

Since this issue started we have at various times observed the following:

Codes PE ('When position of the clutch can’t be detected'), and E2 ('Jammed Key'). Using SmartCare, we observed a symbol (only once) that resembled two Capital L's facing each other, but unfortunately we were unable to open the APP on the SMART phone quick enough to understand it. In calibration mode, we get stuck observing 'Cb
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.