Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Matt Man 2  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2009 5:40:16 PM(UTC)
Matt Man 2

Groups: Registered

I just replaced the drain pump motor part no. 4681EA2001D on a 2 year old washing machine and there are two connectors on the pump marked 'L' and 'N' there are two wires to plug into it a black one and a brown one.
Is the 'N' for Neutral and connect with the black wire? I just do not want to ruin a brand new motor faster than LG. LG service manual was no help and so was LG.
Matt Man 2
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 4:33:37 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Is the 'N' for Neutral and connect with the black wire?
It may stand for Neutral but I doubt it is black.

Could not find any info on this unit.
In North American black is power not Neutral (white)
So I would say it goes to L (line or power)

In any case your input looks like it is 120 volts AC so it should not make a difference.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Matt Man 2  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 5:26:55 PM(UTC)
Matt Man 2

Groups: Registered

Connections did not matter, I found out!!! I plugged them in one way and the washer still did not drain. Then I switched the connections and it still did not drain, although both times I put my hand on the pump area and could feel vibration both times, so the new pump was turning. Connections be damned!!!

I then had an Aha moment... The main drain piping out of the machine might be clogged. This LG washing machine has a small drain hose by the filter, so while it was running and not pumping out I figured I might bleed it from this small 1/4" drain hose. When I took the stopper out of the small drain hose it worked like a fire hose and filled a 5 gallon bucket - twice. Therefore the new pump was working fine!!! This called for beer or two...

I then took the main drain hose off, poured water in at the far end and it did not come out the other end by the pump where I disconnected it, a damn clog. Got out my air compressor and in one second blew out a grosse looking baby wipe and lint ball that clogged the pipe.

Why does the drain hose have to be made of corrugated piping, if it were a smooth hose I bet it would never clog!!! no friction or ribs to stick to and make clogs or balls of lint...

LG's customer service was horrible... throughout this whole ordeal. Actually no service from them...
denman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2009 1:30:18 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
You got it fixed that,s all that matters.

LG - Life's Good probably refers to their life not yours.

They should change their name to SI&FI Sell It and Forget It.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply