Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BenOC  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2015 10:18:45 PM(UTC)
BenOC

Groups: Registered

Bosch Dishwasher model SHE44C02UC. 9 years old, used daily.

Starts cycle, water fills to about 1/2" above the base, then stops (approx. 2 minutes into the cycle), silence. After a period of time (~10 minutes, but depends on the cycle selected?), it drains then fills with water again, then stops again.

I can cancel the cycle and the water will drain.

It appears to be running except the circulation pump.

This was not a gradual failure, i.e, it was working fine one day, not working the next day.

Running diagnostics results in E1 being displayed, which I understand is a water heater failure.

Would a water heater failure prevent the circulation pump from running?

This particular model (& others) have an issue with the heater relay on the control panel failing. Several years ago I had this problem and replaced the original control panel. I opened up the current control panel and inspected it, no visible signs of overheating. I checked the resistance on the heater relay coil, this was 98 Ohm (spec'ed. at 100 Ohm, so OK).

When the original control panel failed several years ago, it wouldn't heat the water, but it would proceed further into the wash cycle (water would circulate). I still have the original control panel (heater relay not repaired), so installed this. With this original control panel installed, it is still stopping approx. 2 minutes into the cycle (same symptoms as the current control panel). This leads me to suspect that the issue is not with the control panel.

One other observation I noted, I can feel the heat that it normally makes (especially with the door cover off), so suspect the heater is OK?

Is this an issue with the circulation pump? How can I test this? Are there any sensors that would prevent the circulation pump from running?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.